300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

'04 300m sometimes won't start/alarm blinking

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Default '04 300m sometimes won't start/alarm blinking

The past week or so I've had a problem starting my '04 300m. I can crank no problem but it just doesn't start. The first couple of times I just had to try a second time and it fired right up. Last night, however, it took several tries to get it going.

There are no codes (using the on/off x3 method).

The only other thing is that my alarm LED (down by my left knee) is blinking - twice, pause, repeat.

Car has only 40,000 miles on it (I bought it new). Thoughts?

Old 10-16-2013, 01:56 PM

if you have another key try that. not sure about the code .

Old 10-16-2013, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by 94lhs
if you have another key try that. not sure about the code .
I have the other key that came with the car. I used it this morning and the red LED still was blinking, twice, pause, repeat.

I also noticed just a bit ago that if I do the on-off-on-off-on sequence it will stop the blinking LED. If I do it *again* it will cause the LED to start blinking twice, pause, repeat. Do it again and the LED goes off. Hmm...

The LED in question is mounted below the dash by my left knee. As far as I know this is to do with the alarm - there is a switch on the back that I can press and reset the LED if the alarm has been triggered in the parking lot or something like that. Pressing the button now has no apparent effect on this current blinking.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:16 PM

try unhooking the neg cable for 15 min.make sure it clean hook it back up the horn should honk . then try the key

Old 10-16-2013, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by 94lhs
try unhooking the neg cable for 15 min.make sure it clean hook it back up the horn should honk . then try the key
I have now done that. Car alarm went off when I reconnected power - d'oh! I'll report back if the car starting issue returns but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thx!

Old 10-17-2013, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by khobar
... my alarm LED (down by my left knee) ...
Where exactly is this alarm LED? I know there's one in the middle of the dashboard cover that's visible from outside the car - but I've never seen that other LED you are talking about.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Its an after market system not a factor system

Old 10-17-2013, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
Its an after market system not a factor system
Yes, I think that is correct. It was a dealer-installed option and is located down near the hood release/parking break release.

Unfortunately removing battery power for an extended time did not fix the problem.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:03 PM

unhook the power for alarm. see if everything works for starting the car. if its ok then you will have to find out what brand of alarm they installed. once you know the brand you might be able to search for your problem .

Old 10-17-2013, 04:56 PM

I don't get it. The 300m came from the factory with a built-in alarm system. What more does this dealer-installed alarm do?

Quick Reply: '04 300m sometimes won't start/alarm blinking