300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

1994 LHS question

Old 12-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Default 1994 LHS question

Hey everyone. I'm having some issues with my car and wanted to get some input on what I could do. Problem is that it's idling rough and using a LOT of gas. I think I'm down like 80 miles to the tank from where I was a few months ago.
I took my car into a shop because it died on me on my way to work. Problem ended up being the crank sensor was doused in oil, (crank sensor was replaced before I took it in) and the timing belt was missing a couple teeth. (All this is coming from the mech. At the shop). Long story short, they replaced the timing belt, upper cam seals (where oil leak was), replace spark plugs, and cam sensor. Now I had to take it back in a week ago because my idle was really rough, I thought it was the timing. Well they said it was the EGR valve, so they replaced that. I forgot to mention, before I took it in, it was nearly stalling out at red lights and such and acted like it didn't want to go after that. So now, there's a new EGR valve in, then they tell me I need a new fuel injector. They said that no codes are showing up on their computer, so how can they be certain that's the issue? Right now it's accelerates fine, and at stops, it doesn't want to stall, just rough idle. It shakes the car. Here's the best part.. When I take my foot off the gas, it REALLY wants to slow down. For example, when you have cruise control on, and your car "fights" to maintain the speed you set it at. That's how it's acting right now. I'm looking for some input before I go and buy 6 new fuel injectors. I'm not a mechanic and I can't afford to keep letting this shop keep my car for a week at a time. I need to do the work myself. I have a service manual coming in the mail hopefully soon. Air filter is fine, plugs and wires are nearly new. I don't know what else to do. Gas is killing me too. I drive about 500 miles a weeks for work, and I can't afford another car. I need to keep this old girl going Thanks for your time and sorry so lengthy.