300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

1995 new yorker electrical issues.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 12:51 AM
Default 1995 new yorker electrical issues.

My Airbag light came on but no C.E.L and ABS comes and off(was lazy and pushed trash cans on curb so I can park came with my front bumper) and when it came on my heater automatically turns on when I start the car my rpm gas trip mileage and mph gauges flatlined but my lighting works on cluster also my keyless entry light stays on from dashboard (previous owner "disabled it")...I searched and maybe BCM!?...Any suggestions on fixing it!? I don't want to get bent over by the dealership. Thanks!

Old 02-12-2017, 05:54 PM

Doubtful that all these problems arise from a single source, but BCM is a possibility. Your car's computers have various error codes stored in them and that's why the various lights are on. to find out what's going on, you're going to have to hook up a code reader with the right capabilities to capture and interpret those codes. Since your car is older than 1996, it may require a code reader with OBD 1 capabilities. (OBD II was required with the 1996 model year.) The code reader will need to have ABS capabilities and airbag capabilities to find out what is going on in those systems. Try to find a shop that deals with older cars. They might have the right diagnostic readers.
For your instrument panel problems, go over to this site and post up your question there:

Speedometer Repair | Instrument Cluster Repair | Odometer Repair | Mr. Whizard

They answer questions and may have a fix for you.

If it turns out that you need a replacement computer, go to a site like this one (there are several places) for a computer:

Car Computer Exchange: Auto ECM, TCM, PCM Modules

Don't bother with a dealership. For a car that old they won't be very useful.

Fundamental rule for car repair is, when in doubt, replace the cheapest parts first.