300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

1999 chrysler concorde brakes!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Default 1999 chrysler concorde brakes!

Hello everyone, I’m in some trouble and could use some help! i own a 1999 Concorde that i have added a few uhh upgrades to. Speed limiter removed as well LoL, so i was driving the other day and doing my usual bad driving when i hit the brakes i went to the floor! And when you drive like me that’s not a good thing. After i got off the highway i realized i take REALLY long to stop.
I came home checked my brake fluid and it was dirty. I should also mention the brake pedal sounds like air coming out. I went to work asp to bleeding all four brake hoses or whatever they are called. That got them to giving me whiplash after i hit the brakes on a back road! The squeaking stopped by the pedal as well.
Now the UN funny part was i took it to the back road went up to 135-140 mph and hit the brakes! Oh the horror i felt when i heard the squeak and the pedal when to the floor AGAIN! Anyway i think its air in the system? I see a little brake fluid by the driver side on the hose could this be the problem i mean i don’t see anything else. Please help! I’m now a danger to the public.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

I dont really see much of a question here.
IF u are asking what is wrong take a look at the fluid u see on the ground no one online can tell u whats leaking on a car look for yourself.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:43 PM

I see the problem , your a damn idiot. seriously your mom must have stood to close to the microwave oven when she was pregnent w/you.

added a few uhh upgrades to
^k&n air filter and 93 octane does not count

And when you drive like me
^ something to brag about , i would prob wait for you to stop somewhere and kick your ***.

brake hoses or whatever they are called
^ you dont even sound smart enought to work on a car. are you 16?

135-140 mph and hit the brakes
^why? this i do not understand? and i could go on , but this im sure will be pointless.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:21 AM

since i don't seem like i know anything maybe you sould try to help. (being an *** does'nt help). anyway my question is could it be the brake booster aswell?

Old 10-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

do u see fluid around where the air is leaking out?

Old 10-02-2012, 08:39 PM

LiAt the brake booster I don't see a leak. Out side at the front driver side brake caliper at the connection bolted to the car I do.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:50 AM

as for your reply to my post , you were some-what mature about it. I was not expecting that at all. so i will give back some respect.

Out side at the front driver side brake caliper at the connection bolted to the car I do.
^I really dont know what your saying up there?

we are gonna have to dig a bit deeper in this mystery , here's what i would do = take off that front tire and inspect the caliper and pin-point where exactly the leak is coming from. sounds like you may have a broken brake line or it could be worse - maybe a shot caliper? we gotta pin-point where the brake fluid is coming from. are you pretty hard on your brake's?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:11 PM

Any brake fluid leak is a problem. Hose secured to caliper with a hollow bolt caled a "banjo" connection. Sealed with copper washers. If any hose is damp or buldging, replace it.
Booster unit faliures usually cause a "squeel/squeek" from under the dash when brakes are applied. Somewhat common issue on older LH platform cars. >$100. exchange most auto parts stores. If the area between the booster/master is damp with brake fluid, replace the master also.

"Speed limiter removed as well LoL" care to share how as many of us have never figured out how to do that

Old 10-08-2012, 10:51 AM

Sorry working in other things. The Ecu I got from eBay and had it installed at a tuning shop locally. Back on topic I replaced the brake line the leak stopped but I have to push hard to stop, any ideas I'm still looking at the booster.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

possible yes