300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

2002 Concorde AC went out and windows won't work

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Default 2002 Concorde AC went out and windows won't work

Yesterday on my way to work I turned the a/c on and felt the car pull a little. Didn't pay it much atttention until I got ready to leave for lunch. All the dash lights (abs, brake, etc) stayed on. I tried to roll the windows down and they would not work. I tried to turn the a/c on and it wouldn't work either. I went back early this morning to drive it home while it was cool and realized my signal lights don't work either. Can anybody tell me what this issue could be?

Old 07-22-2012, 11:32 AM

Nobody seems to know or want to answer this thread so I'm posting an update. I took the easy route. There are two silver relay type fuses to the left of all the main fuses. The one for the power windows isn't getting power. I put a jumper wire on the left side of the top one and connected it to the left side of the bottom one. Everything is working now. As long as nothing blows up between now and tomorrow morning I'll be good. The service department at the dealership is closed today so I'll take it in tomorrow. I wouldn't recommend this as a long term fix as I don't know what damage it may cause. However, if you're stuck in 90+ degree weather it will get your windows down and your a/c on.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by nelsonkn
Nobody seems to know or want to answer this thread so I'm posting an update. I took the easy route. There are two silver relay type fuses to the left of all the main fuses. The one for the power windows isn't getting power. I put a jumper wire on the left side of the top one and connected it to the left side of the bottom one. Everything is working now. As long as nothing blows up between now and tomorrow morning I'll be good. The service department at the dealership is closed today so I'll take it in tomorrow. I wouldn't recommend this as a long term fix as I don't know what damage it may cause. However, if you're stuck in 90+ degree weather it will get your windows down and your a/c on.
The problem turned out to be the ignition switch. There is an electonic box attached to the cylinder the key goes in. It went bad. Replaced it and all is well.