300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

'96 Concorde Sunroof Operation

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 10:25 AM
Default '96 Concorde Sunroof Operation

Hey, All.

I just bought a '96 Concorde LXI yesterday. Seems like a good car. Pretty low mileage and was super cheap, so that works for me.

I can't figure out how to work the sunroof though. I tried it out while test driving and it wouldn't work. I just figured it was broken and I could try to fix it later. No sound or anything when I pushed the buttons.

But this morning it worked great. I was driving to work with it open, and vented just to see what I liked.

Then I stopped to get something and continued on my way, and I can't get the sunroof to work again.

Do you guys know if there's something required to get it to work? Does the car have to be in park or is there a button somewhere that allows the other buttons to operate the sunroof? Or is that just what happens when they're going out?

Not sure if it's related, but what is the "ASC" button and what color is it supposed to be? There are the "Close" "Open" and "Vent" buttons, and then right next to them is the "ASC" button. The ASC button is illuminated Red, but the others are Green. Is that a problem?