300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Battery Dying

Old 07-20-2007, 02:29 AM
Default Battery Dying

I am having a problem that I can't track down. I have replaced the batery twice, and replaced the alternator. I drove the car for 2/3 days and come out to again it not starting. I jumped the car off with a jump box, it ran fine. Car sat overnight with the alarm enabled; it would not start the next morning. I jumped it off again. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Battery Dying

well u possable ahve 2 issue . First of all teh alternator works just fine due to te fact that if u jump the car and it still runs does that not lead u to think that it has to be getting power from some where and well u know its not the battery. OK second thing. 2 batts and an atl u have a draw of power some where sitting over night. If u dont have an amp meter that will go down to atleast 20 miliamps then u will need to take it to some one or buy one and learn how to use it. What u will need to do is disconnect teh neg batt cable hook teh amp meter inline tot eh cable and batt end cycle teh key wait 10 min and then turn on the amp meter to see how much of a draw u have, With it dying over night i would say 1 amp min. The max factory draw is 30 to 35 Miliamps with all the doors closed and key out.. If u are unable to do this like i said take it to a shop and tell them what u ahve u will be charged with some diog time inorder for them to find what ckt has the draw on it and what is the prob.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:58 AM

Thanks for the advice. I will try that. However, I think it may be the alarm that may be causing all this drama. My problem now is, I put a new battery in and didn't immediately hook up the cables. I went out to move the car and connected the battery, the car started and immediately shut off, and now won't crank. I think it may be a starter kill of some sort related to the alarm.

Will disabling the alarm allow me to start the car. What process should I take?

Old 07-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

if u have a factory alarm use the key fob to unlock the doors if no key fob driver side door lock and unlock the door. Nothing still do pass side. If u have a gray key and its not programed or something is messedup with the transponder to where the key sends it signle the car will start and run for 3 seconds then die and u will have a red dot blinking on the dash.