300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Chrysler Concorde Antifreeze Heater Hose Leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Default Chrysler Concorde Antifreeze Heater Hose Leak

Hi,
Our car, a 1994 Chrysler Concorde 3.3/6cyl. recently developed a leak, We saw a big puddle of antifreeze on the ground, and it wasnt hard to find the problem, a hose which has a hole in it and leaking. On the actual hose it's stamped 83044-F heater hose I believe 5/8, but when searching via auto parts websites there are several different options.

So can anyone help advise which part I need to replace this, and also if this is a do-it yourself possibility. Money is very tight right now and I have replaced some items but want to get the details on this installation.
Also I have no idea where the actual radiator cap is to add antifreeze. I just used the overflow bottle before and wondering if thats ok..

THanks so much for your help!

Old 07-07-2011, 10:55 PM

good luck, I often have a hard time identifying parts for my '94 3.3

Old 07-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Smile Concorde Hose leak fixed!

I second that emotion re: identifying parts!
Actually this car is my sons who bought it from a
friend who got it from his dad, a CPA who never missed an oil change, spent a lot of $$ replacing things, and like your car is low mileage @128,000 miles! Of course about a month later one of the few things not replaced was the radiator, frankly Im still looking fot the radiator cap which I find when looking for parts, Im guessing antifreeze is just added in the overflow bottle? But it is a very well built auto, loaded and runs well.
I did finally get this hose replaced as decided to take to a shop who doesnt stock or buy parts. They have you buy the part, tell u what you need (basically) but in this case they took off the hose, and I walked across the street to a national auto parts store and they matched up the part, which was coincidentally not on the website as the price, $1.67! Add another 20.00 for antifreeze, etc then back to the shop where they charged 30.00 to install! Interestingly I thought the hose was a long piece, maybe 12"+ as just looking at it, but this piece was only about 4-5" and attached to whatever, so that was a good learning experience. The next project is the aftermarket sunroof that leaks like sunroofs do, and not looking forward to that!