300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

Intermittent Problem-Blinking Interior Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Default Intermittent Problem-Blinking Interior Lights

I purchased a used 2000 Chrysler LHS last year and have noticed a problem that occurs intermittently. The lights on the inside of the car would click and flash. At first, it was happening in the early evening hours or when driving through my parking garage at work. It seemed that it was only the inside lights flashing so I thought it may be a short or something to do with the sensor that turns the headlights on. Then, a couple of weeks ago, the flashing and clicking was happening all the time, including my headlights. I took the car to my mechanic and, of course, the lights worked properly all during the weekend they had the car and have operated properly for me since. Then, two nights ago, my husband walked outside and told me that my headlights were on -- I had not used the car all weekend. Any idea what's happening???? Just as a note - there are other little things that seem to occur every now and then - like "driver 1" presets being lost, gas gauge pinging when car is half-full to full. Do I have a major electrical problem?

Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Intermittent Problem-Blinking Interior Lights

Headlamp/Instrument Panel Illumination
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves applying dielectric grease to the headlamp switch wiring connector.
MODELS:
2000 - 2004 (LH) LHS/300M/Concorde/Intrepid
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Subject vehicles may have the instrument cluster illumination change in brightness.
Subject vehicles equipped with "auto-lamps" may also have headlamps or fog lamps
come on at unexpected times while the switch is in "auto-lamp" mode.
DIAGNOSIS:
If the vehicle operator describes one or both of the above Symptoms,
perform the Repair Procedure.
PARTS REQUIRED:
Qty. Part No. Description
1 J8126688 Mopar - Dielectric grease
REPAIR PROCEDURE:
NOTE: DO NOT REPLACE HEADLAMP SWITCH BECAUSE PART REPLACEMENT
WILL NOT CORRECT THIS CONDITION.
1. Open hood and disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove the instrument panel left end cap.
3. Remove steering column shroud cover.
4. Tilt the steering column down into the lowest position.
5. Remove one screw (Limited/300M) to cluster bezel.
6. Remove the items to expose bezel mounting screws. Items vary depending on model.
7. Remove two screws over upper cluster bezel in instrument panel brow area and all
remaining attaching screws (four on Intrepid, Limited, and 300M, and five on Concorde).
8. Using a trim stick (special tool #C-4755), gently pry out on the
instrument panel cluster bezel.
9. Disconnect and connect the wire harness from the headlamp switch
three (3) times to clean the contacts.
08-022-03 -2-
10. Disconnect the wire harness from the headlamp switch and apply Mopar Dielectric
Grease, p/n J8126688, to the harness connector terminals.
11. Reconnect the harness to the headlamp switch.
12. Reassemble the instrument panel.
13. Connect the negative battery cable and set the clock to the correct time.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:26 AM
Default Same Blinking Problem

I have the same blinking problem described above, in a 2000 Chrysler Concorde LXi. I had a mechanic do the dielectric grease procedure described by Chrysler Tech, but it did not fix the problem! I took the car to another mechanic who thought it could be a failing security system. Any ideas what I could be dealing with here? I already had diagnostics done on the battery, starter, and alternator, which were all fine. This car used to belong to my boyfriend, who also mentioned to me a small leak one time when it rained!!! It was on the ceiling next to the driver's side window. Could this be the problem?? Someone please help! I'm already out $240 and it isn't fixed.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Not-So-Awesome Car
I have the same blinking problem described above, in a 2000 Chrysler Concorde LXi. I had a mechanic do the dielectric grease procedure described by Chrysler Tech, but it did not fix the problem! I took the car to another mechanic who thought it could be a failing security system. Any ideas what I could be dealing with here? I already had diagnostics done on the battery, starter, and alternator, which were all fine. This car used to belong to my boyfriend, who also mentioned to me a small leak one time when it rained!!! It was on the ceiling next to the driver's side window. Could this be the problem?? Someone please help! I'm already out $240 and it isn't fixed.
try this thread, seems to have some good details.
https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...ghlight=lights

Old 02-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

wrong car more then likely the headlight switch it self is bad then

Old 07-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Default Fixed blinking lights

I had just purchased a 2004 Concorde Limited and also had the blinking dash lights, engine light coming on, battery light coming on and transmission going into limp mode every 20 miles. I replaced two engine to frame ground straps (No Change) I jumped the battery cable to main fuse box (No Change) then I followed the idea of disconnecting the battery, unplugging the connections to the ECU mounted under the cruise control module, and applying dielectric grease and plugging and unplugging a couple times and this cleared up the blinking lights, battery light problem.

However I still get the engine light coming on after driving it for 70 miles and it dropping into limp mode. Since I do not have a lift I can not reach any of the transmission connections or the connection at the rear of the engine. Is it possible that it is also as simple as adding dielectric grease?

Old 07-30-2014, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

doubtful how about get the codes from the check engine light first

Old 07-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Default Codes that I'm getting after 70 miles

I'm getting the following codes after driving between 7 to 70 miles; it happens at different mileage each time.

P1776 and P0700

Old 07-30-2014, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

1776 is a solenoid pack valve body will need to come out and its on top of it.