Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

MP3 Organizing.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 06:56 AM
Default MP3 Organizing.

I hope I'm putting this question in the right place. Technically it's audio related.

This is my first vehicle with a built in hard drive on the head unit. I have an iPod and iPhone and I'm more use to organizing my music in iTunes. More importantly, setting up all the songs to play in order by artist, album then track. Most of which were imported directly from CD to iTunes so they were AAC (m4a) encoded. Since the MyGig only uses mp3 format I had to convert all my 900+ songs back to mp3. Not that big of a deal since I had a program to do so. Problem is that the songs are no longer in order by artist or album. Sure, the MyGig displays this info still, but it seems to play all songs in numerical order by track number. Meaning every single track 1 first, then every single track 2 second and so on. This really drives me nuts. So my question is, can I manually rename all the song files to make these play in order like I want without damaging the file? I know this will take some majorly huge time to do, but I'm just too OCD for these to play like this. Thanks.