Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

replace an old car chrysler's radio

Old 12-02-2016, 04:51 AM
Default replace an old car chrysler's radio

I have been tring to replace the radio of my old Car, These are the steps I was trying to follow. I found this is kind of difficult to replace my car audio and I still haven't succeed in doing this. I want to share my experience,hope it is helpful to others who want to replace their car's radio too.

1.Gathering the proper tools like screwdrivers,wire strippers,pilers.
2.Disconnect and isolate the negative cable from your car's battery.
3.Remove the old radio from the dashboard of your car.
4.Get a specific model new radio from a manufacturer like seicane.
5.Install the new radio to your car's dashboard opening.

What do you think about this? Is there any other steps I miss and any other tips you can advise? Also, I want to learn more about cars. Thanks & Regards.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Since you didn't bother to state what kind of car you are talking about, you are not going to get any real help here, but in general, you will want to get a set of plastic trim tools to help you remove trim pieces on the dash to gain access to the radio mounts. Don't try to pry the dash apart with screwdrivers or you'll scar it up.

If you buy the correct radio for your car, or at least get the correct adapters, you should not need to cut and strip any wiring. It should all plug in using the plugs in the car's wiring harness.

Old 03-20-2018, 05:20 PM

I've seen radios that were designed for use in older model cars that standard radios would not fit in to.
Without specifics on the vehicle you are dealing with, that is about all of the help anyone can offer you.

As for the vendor, seicane , everything I have looked at on their site, was over priced compared to their competitors, and in some cases the specs given were totally bogus. One of their android head units claims to have 128 gigs of ram, and since 4 gigs of ram in an android is considered amazing, the 128 raises a huge red flag.
Plus there are horrible reviews for them posted all over the internet.

Last edited by BiliTheAxe; 05-21-2018 at 12:37 AM.