Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Thinking about putting a DVD system in my 300

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Default Thinking about putting a DVD system in my 300

I am thinking of putting a DVD system in my 05' 300 limited but i have herd that when you do you lose the radio controls on your steering wheel. Is there a way to hook up an adapter or somehow bypass the frequencies (if there are any) so that they can still be in use? Thanks friends

Old 07-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Default RE: Thinking about putting a DVD system in my 300

you live in the new age of electronics, anything can be done... You might get on the phone with some of the bigger brands like eclipse audio and see what they can do for you. On that note, when I worked at best buy, they were talking about the new pioneer screen having a remote control and steering wheel controls as well. Now I don't know if they would have to be after-market, but if they were it wouldn't be difficult to splice some sort of connection. You might look into those as well, I mean any DVD player that would have steering wheel controls could always be configured to work with something else. It's electronics. Electronics don't know what's going on, I mean they didn't invent themselves. One more thought that I just had, but you would have to love your car for it, would be to make a new remote control, and plug your old steering wheel controls into it. It would be hidden from view, but the IR sensor would catch the same waves as the remote that came with it. So technically what you would be doing, is having two remote controllers, with one of them having each of it's functions activated by the buttons on your steering wheel. It's actually very simple. Maybe if any of these spark your creative interest, you can give me a shout back and we could work something up. I'm pretty good with this kind of stuff. not to brag, I just use it a lot...

Old 10-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Default RE: Thinking about putting a DVD system in my 300

YEA YOU CAN KEEP ALL YOUR FUNCTIONS PAC PARTS MAKES ALL THE ACCESSORIES FOR THE CHRYSLERS JUST GIVE A CALL AND ILL HOOK UP EVERYONE IN THE FORUM AT DEALER PRICE I WORK FOR AL-EDS AUTOSOUND IN ONTARIO CA OR ILL TRY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS CALL ME 909-481-8411