Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

**HELP** with front end noise

Old 05-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Default RE: **HELP** with front end noise

I have been watching the forum to see if anything develops on this problem. Drutkay, my creaking is still there as well. I've had the dealer do some of the things that were previouls mentioned on this thread, but like you, the noise never goes away. I did have someone suggest to me an issue with the struts, but I have not tried that as of yet. Thanks Silverstar.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:08 PM

I figured that it is either in the steering (as a full turn of the steering wheel seems to end the noise for a short period) or in the strut/steering knuckle. I'm going to try the lube of the strut as previously mentioned

Old 06-19-2007, 07:58 PM

I leased a 2004 sebring with the same problem, took it to the shop 9times within 8 wks, they did the tsb, didn't fix the problem, they did the rivets,nothing, replaced the bushings, lubed the tie rods. They basically took the area a part and put it back together, have them check for any possible loose bolts, i know that was the last thing they did on my car, and it seemed to solve the problem, also have them check the rotors as they seem to go bad very quickly on sebrings. I am glad to say that my lease will be up in 3wks, sorry but no more chrysler for me.

Old 06-19-2007, 08:47 PM

I really find it strange that folks dont seek out TSB's and Recalls.

In my opinion, every should register free at www.mycarstat.com ... here they list TSB's, Recalls, complaints and investigations. This is a great site to hold the dealers ***** to the walls .. Sorry Chrysler Tech .. guys like you arent included .... wish there were more like C.T. out there but unfortunately, there isnt.

So get on out there, setup an account and add ALL your vehicles and subscribe to auto email updates.

Regards
Chris

Old 06-23-2007, 09:15 PM

I certainly agree with the last comment in general, but in my case, I did seek out the TSBs etc. I can't say that it really made a difference, as seems to be the case with several others. I think something just isn't seated correctly in the front left assembly, as I noted in a earlier posting. But to go find the problem becomes very expensive when the car is no longer under warranty. Fortunately, my problem has been quiet for the last 4 weeks, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:18 PM

Okay i think i have solved the mysterious noise on my car. I tightened the 2 rod things that mount to the back side of the a-arm they have something to do with the steering. If some one knows what they are please tell me and what all is hooked to them. After tighting them the poping noise stopped. It does return on ocasion after driving 70mph but goes away. i hope this helsps eveyone.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:57 PM

I am been having the same problem. I took my car to the dealership and they couldn't find anything wrong. I was eventully told the Chrysler is claiming this is a problem with this model and it is plastic rubbing together. They said not to worry about it, it's not a safely hazard, just something annoying I have to live with. I don't know if I believe them or not but I wanted to share the info.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:18 PM

It has been a while but the noise has returned off and on. I have also noticed that my suspension has a "crunching" noise that has been louder in the recent days. Both are in the left front wheel assembly, and I do believe that these things are related. I did an inspection tonight and have noticed that rear portion of the shock clevis appears to be in contact with the lower control arm. I couldn't slip a piece of paper between the two. I would be surprised if this contact is by design. I didn't check the right side but will tomorrow night. Has anyone else noticed this that has the noise. I wonder if they don't eventually come in fully in contact and start to bind, thus making the infrequent sound as they release.

Burkj, I suspect that you are talking about the tie rods. Could they move freely by hand? I have had these checked early by the dealer in the search of the problem, but if I take my car in, I hope that they are checked again as part of their

Mariak, I will assume that the sound that you have is more metallic than plastic. After a hundred years of cars building, why should we have to live with this? If other models/manufacturers don't, why should this car? That's just a cop-out answer

Old 10-12-2007, 06:21 PM
moe

heres the tsb # from chrysler for your strut noise 23-039-04 send me an email and ill give you a complete copy.moe heres my addy jjsticks@comcast.net

Old 10-12-2007, 09:00 PM

Moe: I'll sent you an e-mail, but I think that a number of us have had the TSB in question done by our respective dealers without any success. Is this different than the one where two rivets are installed in the upper struct housing area?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **HELP** with front end noise