Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

04 Sebring Limited New Stereo Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 07:20 PM
Default 04 Sebring Limited New Stereo Questions

I just got my hands on a 04 Limited. Everything is working other then the instrument gauge lights (trying to find new one) It has the Infinity sound system which sounds great but I want to replace with a new head unit. Question is with a standard harness is the Infinity amp still going to work and give that extra 150w of power and power the dash speakers? Thanks

Old 01-29-2017, 07:37 PM

You'll have to make sure that whatever you buy will send power to the external amplifier. Then, of course, you'll need an output from your new radio for each of the speakers driven by the amplifier. Best to consult with the supplier of the new equipment.

As for your dash light problems, check here:

Speedometer Repair | Instrument Cluster Repair | Odometer Repair | Mr. Whizard

First make sure that the dimmer control is turned up so that the lights aren't merely dimmed all the way down. Check the owners manual for that.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:16 PM

If I replace the cluster will the mileage transfer/ As in it is stored on the cars computer? Are those AUX inputs that are installed on the CD changer port on the stock stereo easier then replacing the whole stereo?

Old 01-30-2017, 10:26 AM

"If I replace the cluster will the mileage transfer/ As in it is stored on the cars computer?"

Great question to ask at that site I referred you to. They answer questions there. I think the answer is that it's stored in both places and they must agree, but I'm not sure.

"Are those AUX inputs that are installed on the CD changer port on the stock stereo easier then replacing the whole stereo?" Not sure what you're asking here. If your AUX input isn't working, there could be many reasons. Frankly, nobody repairs a stereo any more. They are cheaper to replace than to repair. If you know what you are doing and are good with a soldering iron, have at it.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 PM

What are the sizes for the door and back speakers and the dash? Some people say 6x9 but offers not.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:51 PM

Will 6x9 speakers fit the doors? Best Buy said they would but the cover might be a bit off?

Old 02-07-2017, 10:41 AM

Best way to find out is to pop off the door trim panels and measure the existing speakers carefully, including the mounting bolt pattern. If you're going to be changing the speakers you're going to have to know how to get in there anyway, so now's the time to start learning.

A few hints:
There are discussions on the forum here about removing the door trim panels.

Get yourself a set of plastic trim tools. They are worth their weight in gold.

You'll need to remove the paper splash shield. It's held in place by a bead of sealant. With a razor blade and/or an xacto knife you can cut the bead of sealant in half and then just stick it back together on itself when putting the splash shield back.