Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

1999 Sebring Coupe 2.5L 6cyl part identification - Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 10:19 PM
Default 1999 Sebring Coupe 2.5L 6cyl part identification - Please help!

I purchased a used 99 coupe last Monday. Ran good but was told it needed an oil change and tuneup. I did the oil change and changed the plugs and wires. What I didn't know is that the battery that a previous owner out in the car doesn't belong to it. I knocked some material while changing the plugs and wires but didn't think anything about it. It only became obvious later on what that material is for. The battery is too tall and the stuff was there so that the battery did not contact the hood and arc out which I didn't know so it did. Now I need to know what the box located on the firewall that the accelerator cable runs through is because all that burned up and I can't find any info on it in my book. I am trying to figure out how to post a picture ASAP.

Thank you in advance!

Old 09-23-2014, 10:52 PM

You might want to invest in a shop manual. There's one put out by Haynes that covers your vehicle. You need to know that the Sebring coupe was actually built by Mitsubishi. The Haynes manual includes the coupe but every section has material that pertains to the coupe and stuff that is relevant to the sedan/convertible that doesn't pertain to the coupe at all.

When buying parts, be sure to specify that they are for the coupe because it has almost nothing in common with the convertible/sedan.

Most probably, you are going to be hunting junkyards for parts for that car because of its age. You might want to start there. Maybe they can figure out what that part is/was.

They don't let you post pictures right away here. They want to make sure you're not a spammer. There's no specific number of posts that get you the privilege.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:08 AM

I love Haynes! I have a manual for every car. That was one if the first things I bought for this vehicle as well before I ran into any problems. Unfortunately Haynes does not have the piece I am looking for labeled or referenced, at least that I've seen thus far and I've been through the manual front to back at least 3 or 4 times. The problem is I don't know what the sensor connected to it is called or if it had any sensors in it. I appreciate the help though I will continue to look through the manual.