Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2.5 v-6 timing belt

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Default 2.5 v-6 timing belt

can anyone out there tell me where the timing marks are for the timing belt for the cam pulleys?

Old 02-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Default RE: 2.5 v-6 timing belt

Repectyfully responding, you need to look in the book.
the library is a cheap place copies are cheap.. or look at all data on line at the library.

are you just replacing a belt if so put the engine at TDC and look at timing marks the are pretty noticable, even the Hayes manula gives you pretty good info. the timning makrs are Cake to find, the VERY hard part is to remove the power steering pump,,,but before that you need to get the power steering line off 1st,jack up the engine,

It would make sense to replace the water pump...make sure you replace the o ring seal on the water pump...I would also recomend replacing the o ring on the other end of the engine by the thermostat....I didn't an it leaks, but iDO NOT want to go through all the owrkto replace it,,,. I did tow of them it's noty a lot of fun, MAINLY becasue of the power steering pump bilts and bracket,,,Imust be removed todo the job,

If you never replaced a timing belt on a different car this is not one to cut your teeth on!
It also requires a special tool to release tension on the belt and then tension itagain...that tensioning cam is also a little tricky becasue it can be adjusted to take up belt length, On one 2.5 i did not needto adjust thecam tensioner from old to new belt. .the 2nd car tookmea while to figure out how it adjusts to accomidate a new shorter belt.

Graciouly I am saying if you don't start untill you have read at a minumum hays book or a good service manual from library or all data info... Figure out your took or how you are going to do that,,, I had a tol made and it worked OK. but partailly broke on the 1st timining belt replacement
Lots of luck.