Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2001 Chrysler Sebring No Crank No Start problem. I'm stuck!

Old 05-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Default 2001 Chrysler Sebring No Crank No Start problem. I'm stuck!

I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring with a no start, no crank issue and I've reached a point where I'm stuck. I have no idea what to do.

It is a 4 door, 2.7 engine

The car had been having a no start no crank issue before, and every time previously, the starter/fuel pump fuse was blown and the issue was solved by replacing that fuse.

The car died on the road at slow speeds, almost a complete stop, but everything else was still working. I'm told that the engine just died, with no accompanying strange sounds.

No fuses are blown.

I attempted to jump start the car but nothing. Battery jump start terminals show 12V with my multimeter.

First, there was a "no bus" message that appeared on the dashboard. I replaced the computer with a salvage unit, which appears to have solved the "no bus" issue. However, still no crank. No click when the key is turned beyond ON to START.

So, I replaced the starter. Still, no crank.

I tried to start the car when it was shifted into neutral and with the shifter slightly off park and slightly off neutral, in an attempt to test the neutral safety switch. This didn't solve it.

I tried swapping a different relay into the starter relay position and no change occurred.

I tried putting my finger on the starter relay when the key is turned. I feel some kind of click in the starter relay. I also removed the adjacent relays to verify that the click is from that relay, and when the relays that are directly next to the starter relay are removed, I still feel a click.

I don't see any strange theft lights on the dash or anything like that.

I'm all out of ideas and hoping that someone has some fresh ideas and might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Old 05-09-2015, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

remove the starter relay jump pin 30 and 87 does the starter move?