Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2004 Seabring 2.4 Will not start!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Default 2004 Seabring 2.4 Will not start!

I have a 2004 Chrysler Seabring that wont start. Here's what happened: I drove 233 miles with NO issues. Everything worked just fine. Radio. A/C. Acceleration etc. Then I stopped to meet for lunch and went to get back in and nothing happened. Not even the radio. We were able to jump it to turn on but as soon as we disconnected the wiring it would shut off. So we replaced the battery, it starts to turn over but wont stay on. We have tested everything. All the fuses, the ingnition coil and so on. However a check engine did come on, but when we hooked it to the computer it refused to connect and read the problem ... any ideas on what this would be?

Old 06-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Default Do you have a 2nd key?

Just spent the entire weekend with the same problem on a 2007 Sebring it was a skim key and she had to have it towed and purchase a new key and fob from the dealer. If you have a second key it should work and start the car.

Old 06-03-2014, 07:06 AM

How much did the new key run her? Because I also have the issue that I am 3.5 hours away from my car

Old 06-03-2014, 07:06 AM

And no I don't have a second key, I think I have the spare key because the original was lost

Old 06-03-2014, 08:42 AM

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) electrical connector seals on your vehicle may be out of place. This could allow water to enter into the PCM. Water and the resulting corrosion inside of the connector can cause various electrical and driveability concerns.

There was a Customer Satisfaction Notification (No. C30) PCM Electrical Connector Seals sent to registered owners.

This notification applies only to the above vehicles built from June 15, 2003 through August 14, 2003. Contact your local dealer with your VIN number to see if this notification applies to your vehicle.

Good luck on getting this problem resolved a.s.a.p.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:47 AM

I will have to give them a call! thank you!

Old 06-03-2014, 08:49 AM

I think the biggest issue is that NO ONE before me took care of this car. I have had to replace ... pretty much everything. We also realized it had the ORIGINAL battery! (kudos to that being so BA and lasting 10 years) but how can someone not do PM on their car?? I have had the car a year and have put about $1000 in it to replace simple things

Old 06-03-2014, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by ChryslerCares
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) electrical connector seals on your vehicle may be out of place. This could allow water to enter into the PCM. Water and the resulting corrosion inside of the connector can cause various electrical and driveability concerns.

There was a Customer Satisfaction Notification (No. C30) PCM Electrical Connector Seals sent to registered owners.

This notification applies only to the above vehicles built from June 15, 2003 through August 14, 2003. Contact your local dealer with your VIN number to see if this notification applies to your vehicle.

Good luck on getting this problem resolved a.s.a.p.

Called the Dealer and my car has zero recalls

Old 06-03-2014, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by samanthahotmess
Called the Dealer and my car has zero recalls
Your welcome. However, its not a recall, its a Customer Satisfaction Notification (they are a little different).

If you would like to send me the last eight characters of your VIN number, I can verify if your vehicle is involved.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by ChryslerCares
Your welcome. However, its not a recall, its a Customer Satisfaction Notification (they are a little different).

If you would like to send me the last eight characters of your VIN number, I can verify if your vehicle is involved.

oh oops! (I am not the best with whats going on with cars .. tho I do try!)

The last 8 of my VIN are: 4N159745

Quick Reply: 2004 Seabring 2.4 Will not start!