Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2006 Sebring Chirp when hitting small bumps/turning

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 04:01 PM
d6s
Default 2006 Sebring Chirp when hitting small bumps/turning

whenever I hit a small bump or I make a turn there is a chirping noise coming from the general area of the front driver's side wheel. It is clearly heard in the cabin. anyone know what it is and how to fix it?

Old 09-02-2016, 11:54 AM

It's almost impossible to diagnose a sound unless you're there and can hear it yourself but a high pitched chirp like a bird makes is usually a sign of rubber rubbing against metal so you'd be looking for any rubber suspension parts that are worn or cracked such as your sway bar bushings for example...but like I stated, unless you're there to hear it it's almost impossible to say ...

Old 09-02-2016, 12:13 PM
d6s

Originally Posted by 05sebringconv
It's almost impossible to diagnose a sound unless you're there and can hear it yourself but a high pitched chirp like a bird makes is usually a sign of rubber rubbing against metal so you'd be looking for any rubber suspension parts that are worn or cracked such as your sway bar bushings for example...but like I stated, unless you're there to hear it it's almost impossible to say ...
Would a video help diagnose it? I can look over the suspension. I saw on another forum for a different car, Mercury Milan I think, that the hood rubs and causes a chirp, do you have any idea how I'd check that out?

Old 09-02-2016, 01:41 PM

there are so many different parts it could be comming from that even with a video would be almost impossible to say for sure

I would buy a can of silicone based spray lubricant ( not oil based as it will destroy your rubber ) and spray one rubber part at a time until the noise goes away and then you've found the culprit...then change that part...

since you get the noise when the car is moving or in a turn.... I'd go for the sway bar bushings and any links first...then look at such things as hood rubber, motormounts ect...

you need to get under the car and examine any rubber component looking for a dry cracked one, then attempt to move it by hand to re create the noise, if you can't move it to recreate it, spray it with silicone really good and see if it goes away...if it does, change that part

....If you want to go the real cheap route you can try to spray it with a bottle of water, same effect it will lubricate for a little while and the chirp should disappear...

Last edited by 05sebringconv; 09-02-2016 at 01:48 PM.