Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

evap fuel bank 2 lean after changing 02 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 12:02 PM
Default evap fuel bank 2 lean after changing 02 sensor

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum. Nice to meet you all. I've done a lot of my own work on my vehicles but I wouldn't necessarily call myself a mechanic. Besides general maintenance and repairs, most of what I know is what I've had to fix in the past.

I just bought an 04 Sebring Convertible and Im having some trouble correcting a couple of codes. I've had several dodges in the past but this is my first chrysler vehicle. It has 107k, and despite this problem it actually runs beautifully. Occasionally it will bog at idle (literally has happened twice), or I notice a slight dip in power when I accelerate, but again, not very often at all.

I have an evap code, however not too long ago I forgot to put my gas cap on so it could easily be from that.

The other code is "Downstream O2 Fuel trim system bank 2 lean"

I just changed the O2 sensors. The lines to the vacuum canister look good, the vacuum line to the throttle body was a little softer from the rest but didn't seem to be the problem.

My mpg has definitely taken a dip. It's rated at 21 c 28 h 24 comb, but I'm getting about 15/22/19 consistently.

The check engine light wasn't on but apparently that's because it had just burnt out. I found this out when it failed emissions today, the mechanic cleared them for me.

If not the O2 sensor, what could this be? Any suggestions for a better way to check the vacuum lines or better yet, which specific lines would be best to check?

Also, while I assume the evap code was from the gas cap, if it wasn't, is that diagnostically useful? Does my car have any commonly known issues with this?

I appreciate any help! Thank you.

Old 01-21-2022, 04:52 PM

What are the actual diagnostic codes currently active? As for O2 sensors, only OEM, NTK, or Denso sensors are recommended and definitely no Bosch as they are a hit or miss proposition on these cars.

I would also suggest checking out 'sebringclub.net' a site dedicated to chrysler sebring and 200 convertibles. They understand these convertibles better than most and what it takes to keep you motoring 'top-down'.