Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2010 sebring blower only works on low settings

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 01:58 PM
esu
Default 2010 sebring blower only works on low settings

Hi, my daughter has a 2010 sebring, yesterday the blower started only working on the lower settings, it wont work on high. A google search led me to the blower resistor but that is for the lower settings, is there a seperate fuse/relay that covers the high setting?
Thx Cory

Old 05-13-2012, 01:59 PM
esu

Should have added, 22k miles, 2.7 liter engine.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

take it to the dealer u are under warranty

Old 05-13-2012, 04:23 PM
esu

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
take it to the dealer u are under warranty
I realize it's under warranty but she really cant afford to be without the car for a day or two not to mention that the Crhysler dealer nearest to me has idiots managing the service dept.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:29 PM

Then change the blower motor resistor...lots of notes on this web site, same for other cars also.
$27 part at partsource and 15 minutes of work, usually located behind glove compartment.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:05 PM
esu

Originally Posted by gpatel
Then change the blower motor resistor...lots of notes on this web site, same for other cars also.
$27 part at partsource and 15 minutes of work, usually located behind glove compartment.
Thx for your reply. Doesnt the resistor cover just the lower settings? My lower settings work fine its her hi that is out, or does the resistor cover both?
Thx

Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 PM
esu

Anyone??

Old 05-15-2012, 10:43 PM

Probably not the resistors, like you already figured out, the resistors are there to slow down the motor. Might be the switch. Might be the motor. I don't know about that year, but if somebody told me the body control module controlled the fan speeds, it wouldn't surprise me. You haven't specified whether it's ATC or not. If it's ATC, might be the blower control module.
If you don't want to have the dealer fix it for free under the warranty, then get a shop manual and study up on the problem.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:32 AM
esu

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
Probably not the resistors, like you already figured out, the resistors are there to slow down the motor. Might be the switch. Might be the motor. I don't know about that year, but if somebody told me the body control module controlled the fan speeds, it wouldn't surprise me. You haven't specified whether it's ATC or not. If it's ATC, might be the blower control module.
If you don't want to have the dealer fix it for free under the warranty, then get a shop manual and study up on the problem.
dcotter, thx for the reply. I'm not sure what ATC but Im guessing some type of auto climate control>? If so she doesnt have it. I was just hoping the hi blower was protected on a different circuit by a different fuse/relay/fusible link etc like some other cars. Im guessing by responses or lack thereof that this is not the case. Looks like she's off to the dealer, Thx again to everyone that responded.
Cory

Old 05-17-2012, 08:33 AM

Im guessing by responses or lack thereof that this is not the case. Looks like she's off to the dealer, Thx again to everyone that responded.
Cory[/QUOTE]

You are doing the right thing, particularly when it's under warranty. There are some cases where you just have to find the time to take it to the dealer. NO BRAINER!

Quick Reply: 2010 sebring blower only works on low settings