Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2010 Sebring randomly dies, ETC light

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Default 2010 Sebring randomly dies, ETC light

Hi Folks

My girlfriend is having a bit of trouble with her car, and unfortunately the dealerships keep finding nothing wrong with it. Another case of selective breakdowns and the car refuses to break down while in the dealership's care.

So what happens is she'll be cruising along and all of a sudden her car shuts off and the Electronic Throttle Control light comes on (The little electric bolt in between two parenthesis). When this happens, she pulls over, turns off the car and it immediately starts back up.

There is unfortunately no rhyme or reason to this as far as I've experienced. It doesn't happen at a certain speed or anything... I just can't seem to find a common denominator to narrow down my searching.

One of her coworkers suggested changing out the crankshaft position sensor, so we did, and it didn't fix the issue.

Does anybody have any ideas what might be causing the issue and what might be a good fix? It's not only dangerous for her while on the highway, but it's really annoying. She's considering trading in her car, but I'd hate for her to spend money on a new car for something that might be easily fixable, and other that this issue, it's been a pretty reliable car.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:05 AM

Take a peek at the wire harness it may have rubbed threw on the bottom side of the throttle body at splice s191 the yl/pk wires.