Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited No Crank, No Start

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 08:36 PM
Default 2013 Chrysler 200 Limited No Crank, No Start

So, at completely random times this car will not crank or start. When I turn the key to start the car, all of the lights on the dash come on (only the check engine light, electric throttle control light and red anti theft light stay on), power windows operate, stereo operates fine, all interior/exterior lights work etc but but the engine makes no attempt to start or turn over. No noise, nothing. Basically just stays in accessories mode.

I read a few cases that thought it was a faulty anti-theft system causing the problem so I have stopped locking the car which helped for awhile until today.

I drove the car quite a bit today without issue. Got it home where it sat for maybe 2 hours. Remembered I left something in the car, went out and grabbed what I needed and noticed after I shut the door none of the interior lights would auto shut off. Got back in the car, tried turning the lights off manually but they stayed on still.

Decided to try and start the car up, and...no crank no start. Tried 3 times, and on the 4th time it finally fired up no problems. Let it run 5 minutes, shut it off, got out of the car and all of the interior lights shut off automatically like usual.

I have 46,000km on this car and am nervous to drive it far distances because of this. Of course, no codes are reading and dealer can never duplicate what I tell them happens. It can go 3-4 weeks without this happening, or happen multiple times per day and than go back to starting fine the next day. It's a crap shoot every time I get in it to drive.

Definitely starting to get buyers regret as I have had this car for 5 months, have driven 7,000km with it, and to have this kind of problem with it already is pretty frustrating. I really wanted to support a North American car brand, but am now wishing I stuck with Mazda.

Anyone else have similar problems with their Chrysler?

Old 08-30-2016, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by DREVANS
So, at completely random times this car will not crank or start. When I turn the key to start the car, all of the lights on the dash come on (only the check engine light, electric throttle control light and red anti theft light stay on), power windows operate, stereo operates fine, all interior/exterior lights work etc but but the engine makes no attempt to start or turn over. No noise, nothing. Basically just stays in accessories mode.

I read a few cases that thought it was a faulty anti-theft system causing the problem so I have stopped locking the car which helped for awhile until today.

I drove the car quite a bit today without issue. Got it home where it sat for maybe 2 hours. Remembered I left something in the car, went out and grabbed what I needed and noticed after I shut the door none of the interior lights would auto shut off. Got back in the car, tried turning the lights off manually but they stayed on still.

Decided to try and start the car up, and...no crank no start. Tried 3 times, and on the 4th time it finally fired up no problems. Let it run 5 minutes, shut it off, got out of the car and all of the interior lights shut off automatically like usual.

I have 46,000km on this car and am nervous to drive it far distances because of this. Of course, no codes are reading and dealer can never duplicate what I tell them happens. It can go 3-4 weeks without this happening, or happen multiple times per day and than go back to starting fine the next day. It's a crap shoot every time I get in it to drive.

Definitely starting to get buyers regret as I have had this car for 5 months, have driven 7,000km with it, and to have this kind of problem with it already is pretty frustrating. I really wanted to support a North American car brand, but am now wishing I stuck with Mazda.

Anyone else have similar problems with their Chrysler?
Hi Drevans,

Sorry to hear about the no start issues with your 2013 Chrysler 200.

If you find that the vehicle will not start, we suggest you contact Roadside Assistance to have the vehicle towed to the closest FCA dealership. If you require further assistance at that point, please PM me or call FCA Canada Customer Care at 1-800-465-2001. Hours of operation: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (EST), Monday - Friday; 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (EST) Saturday

Thank you,

Kathleen