Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

97 Sebring Fuel and spark no start

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 10:10 AM

Hokaay....

1. Starting a "New Thread" does not mean pushing the "New Reply" button. Go back to the Sebring forum and look for the "New Thread" button. Then you'll have your very own thread started. Hopefully, nobody will trample all over it.

2. ASD relay: It supplies power to the fuel injectors and the ignition. De-energize it and the engine stops. No fuel, no spark. Here's an explanation of how it works:

Automotive Questions and Answers -

3. A clogged fuel filter cannot cause an engine to crank over. The starter circuit does that. It COULD cause an engine not to run, but usually will cause it to run poorly first, maybe cut out at expressway speeds. Usually, it takes time for the clogging to build up, gradually cutting down the fuel flow. The car may run ok at idle and slow speeds but get fuel-starved at higher speeds. The fuel filter in your car is part of the fuel pump, built into the fuel tank. Changing it requires removing the fuel tank, a fairly big job.
If the fuel filter got masssively clogged real quickly, it is almost certainly the result of a load of very dirty fuel.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:48 PM
Default 1999 chrysler sebring lxi 2.5 v6 no start

my sebring had an issue a little while back when i was leaving work it started up and went in to reverse then when i put it in to drive it drove 3 or 4 seconds then shut off. i tried to start it back up but it just rolled and never fired so i checked for spark and of course i wasn't getting any so i assumed the coil was bad so i sent it in and got a replacement under my warranty. when i got it put in i still had no spark computer didn't show any more codes except the evap mas leak which has been on for a year now. fuel pump is working i am getting power from the asd relay. i am getting a signal to to the coil but no fire so i ordered a new crank sensor once i got it in i tested my plugs by grounding them to the head to see if i got spark finally got a spark but it still wont fire and i am getting fuel to the cylinders as i had the plug out every time the motor would roll over fuel would be pushed out the plug hole in the head and it tries to fire but as stated in another listing above it tries and it quits never actually trying to start but you can hear it hit in the cylinders and the exhaust what else could stop this from starting.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:48 AM

That 2.5L V-6 is somewhat notorious for distributor problems. If you got 18 years out of yours you have done pretty well.
If you browse through the forum here you'll probably also notice that aftermarket distributors seem to bring their own problems. If you can find an OEM distributor, you might have better luck.