Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

after reinstalling summer tire my steering gets heavy.. help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Angry after reinstalling summer tire my steering gets heavy.. help please

hi guys i just re install my summer tires on my sebring, now that is on my steering goes heavy. its squeel when you turn into full right or left, i just check my power steering fluid and its fine nothings wrong with the pump also. i try to tighten the belt i just notice when the wheel and tire is off. my steering wheel doesnt go heavy at all, but if i put the rims on again it goes heavy.. hellpp please thanks in advance

Old 04-25-2014, 09:16 AM

Let's see here. I gather your steering was okay before you changed tires. There's nothing inherent about changing tires that should have any effect on steering efforts. The thought does occur, however, that if you damaged something in the course of jacking up the car, like a tierod, that could affect steering.

You're going to need to look closely at the whole stering and front suspension, perhaps while a helper turns the steering wheel and see if you can find any evidence of binding or interference. This might require getting under there while the car is resting on the wheels, so you'll need either a hoist that lifts by the wheels or a pit under the car.