Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Can Somebody help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Angry Can Somebody help?

Im new to the forum. I just became the owner of a 2001 Sebring with 127k miles. It has the 2.7 liter in it. We just bought this car today. It looks great and runs great. Well it did when i test drove it.

My wife drove it to and from work today. She just picked it up from the car lot this morning. On the way home it died a couple times. When I got home, I took it to autozone and had them run the error code. Came back as a cam sensor. Part was just 30 bucks so i bought it. On the way home the car died several times and started spitting and puttering. Finally got it in the driveway, put the sensor on and seems to be running fine. Check engine went out after letting it idle for about ten minutes.

Did some online research and found out how to run the error codes myself. It came back with plenty including the sensor I just changed. The error codes are p 1684, p 0340, p0320, p 1598, and p 1391.

Is something major going out on this car? Im thinking about taking it back to the lot and telling them to stick it up there a$$. My wifes got to drive this thing to work tommorow and I dont know how its going to go. Im not sure what to do. We traded a good running car for this one.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:17 PM

Also the glow lights on the gauges that come on when the headlights are on (not sure what they are called), They were coming on and off on the way home from autozone and they dont seem to be working at all now.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:11 PM

Nobody here can predict the future, so nobody here can tell you if this car will run for another 100,000 miles or blow up next week. It's a used car with enough miles on it to have driven around the world 5 times. Nobody here has seen it and nobody here has any idea what kind of maintenance it has been given.

Make sure her cell phone battery is charged.

As for fixing the instrument cluster lights, contact these people:

Mr. Whizard Technical Services - Instrument Cluster Repair, Speedometer Repair, Odometer Repair and Digital Dash Repair

Old 02-01-2012, 09:17 PM

I was basically just asking about the codes. Im not sure what they all mean and if this combination means anything.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:57 PM

I replied to your other post, but we'll go through them one by one:

p 1684 - Only means that within the last 50 starts of the engine, the battery was disconnected. Don't lose any sleep over that one.

p 0340 - No Cam signal at PCM - The engine computer is not seeing a signal from the camshaft position sensor. I think you found out about that.

p0320 - No crank reference signal at PCM can be caused by an intermittent cam signal. May be related to the previous problem.

p 1598 - A/C pressure sensor volts too high. Not related to the others, could indicate a problem with the A/C system or the sensor.

p 1391 - Intermittent loss of camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor. Probably related to your cam sensor problem.

If the replacement of the cam sensor cured these problems, the codes will probably clear up by themselves in a few days of normal driving. The A/C problem should be checked separately.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:32 PM

Thanks that helps a lot. She drove the car to work today and it seemed to do good. I checked the codes when i got home and they are still there. I guess ill give it a few days and hope for the best.

If they are still there after a while, then I'll just start replacing sensors. They seem like the cause of the problems. That or the pcm. She has a long drive to work and I just don't need it breaking down on her.

Thanks again.