Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Car alarm with remote start and central lock wiring. (Pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Default Car alarm with remote start and central lock wiring. (Pics inside)

Hello everyone,

Since my car doesn’t have any alarm installed and the remotes for central locking are not long range even with new batteries, I decided to get a new alarm system with remote start and two way remotes.
My car is a Sebring LX 2.7 out 2002

I did install car alarms before and I am electronics engineer ( not for cars) so I understand the inner workings. But I still got two questions about the central locking and the remote start by-pass.

Before I ask the questions, here is the wiring diagram for the alarm:
Name:  alarm_wiring.jpg
Views: 36783
Size:  79.7 KB

And here the wires in the car:
Name:  wires.jpg
Views: 5085
Size:  60.4 KB

My first question is about the remote start by-pass, I never installed a by-pass kit before and the one I got is from BYPASSKIT type PKUCH, this should work on my car.

In the manual it says I shouldn’t wire the module while programming and at step 4 it tells me to hot-wire the car for ignition, can I use a regular key without a transponder to power up my car ignition? If so I can go to a key maker and copy one of my originals with a simple key.

By-Pass kit manual:
Name:  bypassmodule.jpg
Views: 2825
Size:  76.0 KB

My second question is about the central locking, as you see on the second picture above our cars have a single wire LOCK/UNLOCK (white/green) and the alarm module I have has 6 wires for central locking. There are some wiring suggestions in the alarm manual about the central locking systems but none of them is for single wire.

And I read about Chrysler single wire system needs resistors to work, for locking 1800ohm resistor positive signal and unlocking 750 ohm resistor positive signal, is this true? If so I can work out those 6 wires to see which one gives positive pulse when locking and unlocking (it should be the 4th diagram in the image below)

Suggestion diagrams from the alarm manual:
Name:  central_lock.jpg
Views: 3480
Size:  45.2 KB

Any suggestion from someone who installed similar alarm and by-pass module is greatly appreciated

PS: If something doesn’t make sense, don’t hesitate to ask me please, my English is not that good but I will try to clear things up.

This is the alarm I got:
Name:  alarm.jpg
Views: 2591
Size:  45.2 KB

And this is my car:
Name:  sebring1.jpg
Views: 2754
Size:  120.7 KB