Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

cleaned TB and IAC now car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 02:39 AM
Default cleaned TB and IAC now car wont start

New to the forum so just wanted to say Hi , but yes of course i need some help so...... I bought this car (03 Sebring Coupe LXI 3.0L V6) a couple months ago and decided to take off the throttle body and iac valve and give them a cleaning with TB cleaner.. afterwards i started up my car. It ran fine idling for about 10 minutes, then died on me and wont start again. came up with pending codes p0113(intake air temp circuit high input) and p0113 (intake air temp circuit high input) .. had no fault codes beforehand . Now car cranks but just wont turn over. ive double check the plugs and hoses and pretty damn sure i have them corrrect , any help on how to get it started would be awesome . thx in advance for any info

Old 11-06-2013, 08:46 AM

Did you try putting it in clear flood mode? (Depress gas pedal fully while starting)

Old 11-06-2013, 01:51 PM

yea tried that a couple times and it still wont kick over.. now that its light out im going to go mess with it again..sofakingpisssed right now lol

Old 11-06-2013, 02:45 PM

Tried starting it, same problem.. After i tried a couple of times, the car only makes a rapid clicking sound when i turn the key now.. Looked at spark plgs and tried jumping the car and nothing.. Help me get it started and I'll never touch the engine again i swear

Old 11-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

he car only makes a rapid clicking sound when i turn the key now

dead battery

Old 11-06-2013, 06:50 PM

Yeah figured drained it so swapped batteries. now im back to it cranking but not turning over still.. If i fudged up my iac while cleaning it that wouldnt cause it to not start right?? When it did start after cleaning idle was high (around 1500 with car warmed up) figured it was the extra cleaner working its way out but idk.. Followed all lines and hoses nearby hoping i knocked something off but no luck.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

no the IAC is IDLE AIR CONTROL only makes the rpm where it wants it when you not pressing on the gas. Did u remover the throttle body or just spray stuff in?

Old 11-07-2013, 01:22 PM

Try spraying some starting fluid in there. If you can get it started, you can see what it's doing.

Old 11-07-2013, 01:27 PM

I did take the Tb off to clean it , figured it was easy enough for me to attempt and i could do a better job with it off.. Everything is put back in the correct spot as far as i can tell .. Took the Tb and iav valve off and cleaned them, touched nothing else in the engine which is why I'm stumped.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by fhadso
Try spraying some starting fluid in there. If you can get it started, you can see what it's doing.
Tried using starter fluid yesterday and made no difference at all.. Charging my battery now to rule that out also.. Spark plugs/wires are fine

Quick Reply: cleaned TB and IAC now car wont start