Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Driver's Door Wiring Issues

Old 09-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Default Driver's Door Wiring Issues

I am trying to troubleshoot and repair some issues in the driver's door of my 2005 Sebring sedan. My window will not go up. I have power at the switch and in the two wires to the motor, so, I believe the motor is dead.

While I've got the door apart, I'm trying to find out why the door lock switch will lock all of the doors, but won't unlock them. I noticed that the connector at the switch only has two wires going in to it. There is a hole for a third wire, but there's no wire or even a pin in the connector and there doesn't seem to be a third wire anywhere. I can't believe that someone removed the entire wire from the harness, but who knows? I was reading another thread on here about a 2003 Sebring. It states in that thread that there are three wires going to the switch, a Pink wire, a Black wire and a White/Green wire. I have the Pink wire and the White/Green wire, but no Black wire. I'm wondering if the door wiring is the same for the 2005 as it is for the 2003 Door Lock switch? If so, then my harness is missing a wire.

Some other issues that I'm having include the interior dome light working from all doors except the driver's door. I don't have any key fobs for this car so I don't know if any of the keyless entry system or the alarm system even works.

I may need to pull a harness out of a car at the boneyard. So, I'm also wondering how does the door harness connector pull out of the door frame? Does it just pull out, is there a clip or some other trick to it?

Old 09-02-2015, 07:33 PM

The most likely cause of wiring problems in the driver's door would be broken wires where the bundle flexes as the door is opened and closed. Tracking them down requires a good continuity tester and lots of patience.