Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Electric door locks

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Default Electric door locks

I have an 02 that the electric door locks work when they want to. They no longer automatically lock when I start off and exceed 5 or 10 MPH. When I manually push the lock switch up or down they will unlock but NOT lock. Anyone have a cure for my situation? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:03 PM

Check your owners manual to see if you can re-program the automatic locking feature. There is a procedure to turn that on and off.

As for the refusal to lock from the switch there are a couple possibilities:
1) There is a little lever built in to the ignition switch to sense the presence of the ignition key. If the body computer thinks the ignition key is in the switch, it will not let you lock the doors with the electric switch so you don't lock the keys in the car. Sometimes that little lever gets stuck. Try putting a drop of WD-40 on the key and work it in and out of the ignition switch several times. It might free it up. Can't hurt.
2) You might have a broken wire in the bundle of wires that leads in to the door near the hinge. If' that's the case, you'll need to peel back the rubber boot and see if you can find it.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Angry similar problem with door locks

1999 Sebring Convertible.
When using the door pad both doors make a sound like something is rotating yet neither lock will unlock or lock.
Using the key activates the motor on the driver side but the lock does not move.
Had to replace the mirror on the driver's side and it works great, but now the lock problem (which had apparently been an intermittent problem before) is always.
Took the door panel off and followed the wires as best I could, everything seems fine.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike