Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Electrical Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Default Electrical Problems

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2009 UK spec Sebring Limited with the Mygig system.

A few days ago I jumped in the car and it started first time with no problems, I got as far as the end of the road and realised I had left my phone at home, so, I returned, switched the car off , locked it up and got my phone. I returned to the car and started it up without any problem, although I noticed that the Mygig system did not come on even after switching the car off and back on again. I suspected that a fuse had blown, but, they were all fine as far as I could see.

The next day I tried the car again, the stereo came on but, the battery was too low to turn the engine over. I tried using a battery booster, but, to no avail, the dashboard lights came then went off, then on, then on etc. Since then the battery is dead, not enough power to even power the clock.

Can anybody help me as to whether this is a Mygig problem, a battery problem or something else. Please help!!

Andy

Old 06-12-2013, 01:48 PM

"Since then the battery is dead..."

That would seem to define a battery problem, wouldn't you agree? Your battery is now 4 years old. That's old enough to begin to suspect problems. Get it tested for ability to hold a charge and deliver starting current. If it tests out to be good, then you are going to need to find out why it is not holding a charge. It could be due to a short somewhere. It could be something simple like an interior light left on. It could be that you don't drive enough to charge the battery up completely.
There are several computerized systems in the car that need sufficient battery voltage to operate properly. A low battery can cause many odd things to happen. Begin there.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:25 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping it was the battery, the thing that is worrying is that the car would not turn over when using the battery booster.