Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

New to the 2G Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Default New to the 2G Sebring

Just got an 04 Sebring limited

Sound system seems to be pretty good for factory and i see there is an amp under the passenger seat. I do not see though any of the chrysler infinity decals.

So do these cars have an infinity sound system?

This car has a 2.7L V6 with almost 100,000 miles on it.

A quick search on google brought back a lot of negative feedback on this engine, are these engines as bad as some people say they are?

Also see some aftermarket Bentley symboled mesh grilles on ebay. Do these look good on these cars or do they look unusual? My car is satin jade pearl (the silverish, blueish, greenish color)

Any other advise or things to know about this car?

Old 01-13-2011, 12:58 PM

Yes, if you have the amplifier under the seat you have the "Premium" sound system, although I don't think they marketed it as "Infinity".

I own two of those 2.7 L engines in two Sebrings, each with over 100k miles. Keep the oil changed regularly and you should be all right. The water outlet manifold is a common source of leaks. Search the forum for ways to deal with it.

As for aftermarket grilles and such, it's all a matter of personal taste. When ordering parts for your car, be sure to specify sedan or convertible, and NOT coupe. The coupes are very different, with essentially no parts in common with the others. Sedans are slightly different from convertibles with many, but not all parts in common.