Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Engine won't turn off

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Default Engine won't turn off

I hope that somebody can help me with this problem.
I couldn't find separate Neon directory to place a new subject.

Car: Chrysler Neon 2.0 Automatic (build 2000)

Engine won'tturn off when the key is turned and removed, although the radio and other electrical components turn off.
Ithappens once the other day, not always. There are no problems with turning on the engine!

The ignition switch is replaced. But it didn't help.

What could be the problem? ASD relay? Solenoid starter or Lock Cylinder?

Please help.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:20 PM
moe
Default RE: Engine won't turn off

i wound check the asd relay first.try swapping with known good relay.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Default Key removed, engine shuts off, but car wont shut off

The other day I unlocked my steering wheel and adjusted both ways, vertical and telescopic lyrics. When I arrived at my destination, parked and removed the keys from the ignition. The engine did shut off but the interior features would not. The only thing that had changed was moving the steering wheel had been moved so I again unlocked the wheel and moved it around till I must have done something because the car finally shut off. Every since then, I have to adjust the steering wheel after driving to get the car to get it to shut off completely. PLEASE ANYONE HELP!

Old 11-23-2016, 09:35 PM

You may have a shorted wire in the harness that leads to the key switch. Somebody knowledgeable is going to have to open up the steering column and look at what's going on in there.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:35 PM
Default Update: need to remove steering cover

Ok, so after looking, there is a small bundle of wires that run from left to right (from door towards the radio) behind the lower plastic cover beneath the steering wheel. That bundle of wires has been routed in such a way that they are resting on the mechanical part that let's the steering wheel move up, down, and telescopicaly. That bundle of wires is loose somewhere closer to the radio. If I could remove that plastic cover, then I could access the wires to fix the problem. There seems to be one or more screws a holding the cover on, on the very right side up against the center console and I can't figure out how to remove them. I've looked everywhere for a diagram and can't find one. Can anyone please help? I am afraid this might be a fire hazard and harm my family and the only thing stopping me from fixing it is a couple of lousy screws!!

Old 11-25-2016, 10:09 PM

Not sure if I recall that correctly but it seems that those screws are torx head screws. They require a torx driver of the correct size. Do you have the correct tool?

Old 11-27-2016, 07:32 PM
Default Ford head screws

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
Not sure if I recall that correctly but it seems that those screws are torx head screws. They require a torx driver of the correct size. Do you have the correct tool?
Yeah, I have the tools, the problem is that I can't find how to get to them to remove. That's why I was hoping to find a diagram or video. No combination of words I can think of googling bring me the info I need. Starting to get frustrated...

Old 03-18-2021, 01:30 PM
Default Same issues, 2005 Chrysler Town & Country

I realize this article is several years old, I was wondering did you ever resolve the issues and how was the right side of the steering column housing fastened? Was the wiring harness chafing on the tilt mechanism?