Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Ex-Loser BF Tricked Out Chrysler Sebring - How to sell?

Old 07-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Default Ex-Loser BF Tricked Out Chrysler Sebring - How to sell?

I am trying to help out a friend of mine who stupidly co-signed for her loser ex bf's car, a black, 2005 Chrysler Sebring Convertible.

Well, Vanilla Ice II decided to "trick out" this car because he thinks he's some sort of rap star, when in reality he is a complete douchebag loser. Yes, he iced out America's #1 rental car with Lambo doors, hydraulics, a souped up sound system, navigation system, TV's, the works. He doesn't know squat about cars (obviously) and decided to stage his own broke down version of Pimp my Ride.

Long story short, and who couldn't see this coming, Douchelord went to jail and she got stuck paying off the rest of the car. It's now sitting in her driveway, a constant reminder of the worst dating decision EVER. She has tried to sell it on eBay and on Craig's List with no luck. There are a couple of problems (I know, you're shocked):

1. Because the car was so jacked up with all the extra's this complete *** clown added to it, it no longer runs, and dealerships won't even look at it let alone buy it, not that I blame them. It doesn't help that he just HAD to toss on the lovely "look I'm a thug" decal of his "rap star" moniker on the rear windshield in the requisite gangbanger wannabe font.

2. My friend knows less about cars than she does about dating decent dudes, so she is not sure exactly WHAT is in this car in terms of recognizable and sellable name brands.

I'm hoping some of the gear heads on this site can help her out by offering some suggestions on what she should try? I suggested she contact a local chop shop to have them buy the car and sell the components, but she's afraid she will get screwed because she knows some of the stuff in this p.o.s. is actually worth some sort of money.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Old 07-15-2010, 03:19 PM

Sorry, no suggestions here other than thanks for sharing. There are plenty of life-lessons to be learned from reading your post.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Default what did u do?

what ever happened to that car? story is told well.