Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2001 Sebring radio and alarm not working.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Default 2001 Sebring radio and alarm not working.

I just recently purchased an 01 Sebring, four door, sedan and the radio obviously has power to it because there are three little lights on the controls that are blinking, but other than that there seems to be no sign of life. Also, the alarm seems to be disabled or something because when I lock the door, reach in though the window, and pull up the lock, nothing happens (beside the door coming unlocked). When I got the car, there was no keyless entry pad, but I called a dealership and they looked up my VIN number. They said that it is equipped with a key-less entry. I take that as my car should have an alarm. Am I right? Another thing that leads me to believe the alarm is disabled is that i attempted to purchase a keypad and when they went to sink it, it wouldn't sink.

Now, I changed all the fuses... So, I don't think either of my problems with the radio issue. Is there a fuse that is connected to the alarm? If so, where is that located? My question is, could these two be related? Maybe they share a wire? Could I possibly replace that myself? I have read that on my particular make/model/year car, that when the battery is disconnected and reconnected it disables the radio (if that's true, could it have disabled the alarm?)... leaving only these lights flashing. If this is true, how do I reset it? It's not asking for a code at all, like I said there is no sign of life but those three little lights blinking. Please help? This is driving me nuts. I hope I have supplied sufficient information. Thanks in advance, Julia.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:16 PM

Any other oddities, like the power seat not working?

I would suspect the IOD fuse, it's the center one with the "ears" in the fuse panel at the end of the instrument panel. IOD stands for ignition off draw, and supplies current to things that need it even though the key is off, like the clock in the radio and the remote keyless entry.

If replacing that fuse doesn't solve your radio problem then there's a good chance the radio is shot. It happens.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:04 AM

Thank you so much for replying. I don't have power seats, but everything else in the car is working splendidly. Only thing not working is the radio and alarm. Sadly, I have already replaced that fuse. =/ Guess I will be getting a new radio.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:11 AM

Are you just looking for the stock radio or something better? I just replaced my 01 radio and it was working great before I took it out. I just put in something that had more features. let me kno.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:13 AM

Try checking the relay in the fuse box . my voyager has one marked ACC and this powers the radio .

Old 11-09-2010, 06:58 AM

I got a new radio installed yesterday. So that's not an issue anymore. Now I just need to figure out what the issue is with the alarm/key-less entry. Anyone have any other ideas to what could be wrong?

Old 11-09-2010, 10:44 PM

It could just be disabled. You'll need someone with a scan tool for that toi look at the VTSS inputs and what-not