Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

How to : change your belts on 2006 2.7L

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Default How to : change your belts on 2006 2.7L

Here's a little write-up on changing your serpentine and P/S belt.

1. Jack up the car and remove the front passenger side tire, remember to use jack stands
2. remove splash guard

3. now that you can get a better look at your belts

4. remove the belt by loosening these two bolts, I think they were 13mm, do not remove them just loosen them

5. Once the tensioner is loose the old belt would slip off easily
6. next you need to loosen the bolt on the power steering pump, its a little difficult to get up in there if your laying in the ground but is doable.

7.once the p/s bolt is loose you should be able to slip the old belt off.
8. The new P/S belt is a little difficult to install, but what I did was zip-tied a 1/2 socket wrench to the axle, this allow the P/S pulley to be in its most loose position.

9.I then slightly tightened the P/S bolt just enough to where I could remove the zip-tie and socket wrench, with the wrench out of the way the new belt installs easier, once again loosen the P/S bolt after the new belt is on, use the 1/2' socket wrench to put tension on the P/S belt, then use another wrench to tighten the P/S bolt, kinda of like this

10. now that you have the P/S belt on all you need to do is reverse steps 1 thru 5 and install the new serpentine belt.

As a first timer of replacing belts on a sebring I gave this a difficulty rating of 2 out 5.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:18 PM

Nice write-up. Could you be persuaded into putting this into a photo album here on the forum? A post like this eventually gets buried by hundreds of other posts.

We should have a "how-to" place on the forum to put stuff like this where people could go quickly. Admins....???

Old 07-08-2013, 09:39 PM

Best thing for the admins to do is to open a thread like (FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), Common Repairs, how-too's, etc) as a sticky and then lock it under the Chrysler Sebring forum, then you could add a link to my How to thread, and if someone else wanted to add something important the admin could always add a link.

This is how we do it on the prelude forum under the (FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), Common Repairs, etc)

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), Common Repairs, etc - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums