Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

I posted in new member area- posting here too.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 08:55 PM

If you remove the hood, don't stand it up in the corner of the garage resting on the two aftermost corners or you'll have two little "spoilers" sticking up.

Old 06-01-2016, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
If you remove the hood, don't stand it up in the corner of the garage resting on the two aftermost corners or you'll have two little "spoilers" sticking up.
Noted!

Hopefully, when I get around to swapping engines into the Sebring, I can just lay the hood flat in the yard for a few hours (fingers crossed/knock on wood).

The condition of the donor Stratus is inconsequential, unless I can sell the front clip on CL before I get around to pulling the engine.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:39 AM

Update: Drive train swap complete! Runs and drives like a champ.
Dropped it out the bottom. Didn't need to have the car on a lift, just up high enough to clear. Pics to follow.
To expedite getting it on the road, I did nothing to the donor drive train. The transmission fluid looked and smelled good- appeared to have had a filter change recently. engine just showed some oil seepage from the pan gasket, but nothing serious.
Budget is just a little too tight to overhaul both engines.
When I took the cats and exhaust off, I found where the oil had gone from the original engine. When I fired up the donor motor, it blew large clouds, like a fog machine.

So, the car is driveable while I rebuild an engine with 7,000 miles on it.

I haven't dug into it just yet, but I think that I'll either find stuck oil rings or a hole in something. Not to mention damage from running out of oil, like spun bearings (heard the top end screaming when I tried to crank it over), and whatever else happens to an interference engine. We shall see.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:50 AM
Default Pics of process

Up and Running

Attached Thumbnails I posted in new member area- posting here too.-img_0968.jpg   I posted in new member area- posting here too.-img_0971.jpg   I posted in new member area- posting here too.-img_0977.jpg   I posted in new member area- posting here too.-img_0988.jpg   I posted in new member area- posting here too.-img_0990.jpg  

I posted in new member area- posting here too.-img_1001.jpg  
Old 07-19-2016, 10:20 AM

Nice going. I envy you the space for working on the car. My driveway is on about a 20 degree slant and it's no place to jack up a car. Let us know how it all comes out.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:41 AM
Default 7000 mile engine rebuild

If you plan on rebuilding that od engine at some point you may want to put some WD40 in the cylinders while it sits, it will prevent the rings from seizing against the block and/or marking it. could make the difference between needing a shop to machine and bore your cylinders or being able to just hone them yourself for your rebuild...

Old 07-25-2016, 01:15 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 05sebringconv
If you plan on rebuilding that od engine at some point you may want to put some WD40 in the cylinders while it sits, it will prevent the rings from seizing against the block and/or marking it. could make the difference between needing a shop to machine and bore your cylinders or being able to just hone them yourself for your rebuild...
Thanks. I plan to get to it ASAP, but at the rate the rest of my projects are piling up, it may end up being a winter project.