Shift Cable /Adjustments
1. Place gearshift lever in gated park (P).
2. Attempt to move vehicle by rocking back and forth on level ground. If vehicle does not move, attempt to start engine. If engine starts, the park position is correct.
3. Set parking brake.
4. Turn key to on/run and depress brake pedal. Place gearshift lever in neutral (N).
5. Attempt to start engine. If engine starts in both neutral (N) or park (P), gearshift cable is adjusted properly. No adjustment is required.
6. If engine does not start in either park (P) or neutral (N), perform adjustment procedure.
1. Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brake.
2. Place the gearshift lever in gated park (P) and remove ignition key.
3. Loosen the cable adjustment screw at the transaxle manual valve lever .
4. Pull the gearshift lever fully forward to the park detent position.
5. Release the park brake, then rock the vehicle to assure it is in park. Reset the park brake.
6. Tighten the cable adjustment screw to 8 N·m (70 in. lbs.). Gearshift cable should now be properly adjusted.
7. Verify adjustment by using the verification procedure.