Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

many codes however runs great?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Question many codes however runs great?

Hi, I am new here and I'm scratching my head over the issues we are having with my good friends sebring. also Im having a hell of a time finding reliable info for sensor values, specs, and wiring diagrams. so ill just lay it all out and see what you guys think. the car is a 2004 sebring coupe with a 3.0 and a 5 speed. it has these codes stored.

bank 2 system rich
bank2 system lean
bank 1 system rich
bank 1 system lean
p0340 cam position sensor a circuit malfunction
p0335 crank position sensor a circuit malfunction
p0134 o2s b1s1 no activity

if I clear the codes and just start the car and drive it it drives great the light stays off and all is good (put several miles on this way)
after turning the key off and restarting it cranks for just a second or so longer than I would expect it to then it fires right up and runs and drives great however the light will be on and all the previous codes will be stored again. prior to coming to me for help it got a new crank sensor a new distributor and a new timing set with water pump (un sure if he replaced tensioner or not) either way i offered my help and I'm stumped. I'm thinking that every thing is related some how share a ground or a power or something. the fuel trim codes I'm not to worried about as i feel that ounce the sensor codes are sorted it will not have trim issues. thanks in advance for any help I appreciate it.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:26 AM

Quick thought... Do these cars require a relearn of the cam and crank sensors after replacement? I know some other cars do.

Old 08-10-2014, 02:32 AM

My mistake it is a 2002 sorry for any confusion that may cause.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:00 AM

not sure if any one is reading this or has any ideas yet but to keep up with updates just in case. i have now taken the timing covers off and inspected timing and all is well there. removed the crank sprocket for the timing belt and found no issues there either. im going after the distributor next. from what i read there can be one of two reluctor wheels for the cam sensor and can cause this issue. at least from another thread i read on here. any input at this point would be appreciated.