Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Mil Codes: 12 (Battery Disconnect) and 43 (Cylinder Misfire)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Default Mil Codes: 12 (Battery Disconnect) and 43 (Cylinder Misfire)

Well, my sensitive Sebring is doing it to me again. I finally get the thing running absolutely perfectly, and the MIL shows up again.

Code 12, battery disconnect is always there. (I haven't reset the codes recently, but it seems to show up whether or not I have disconnected the battery.)

Code 43, cylinder misfire. Well, if that's true, I can't feel, or hear it. This code comes and goes.

Yesterday I pulled the distributor cap and rotor for inspection. They are quite new (2 mos max) and both passed inspection. No crossfire lines, cracks, dirt, moisture, nothing. Absolutely immaculate. Rechecked the wires, new, intact, clean, and appropriately affixed to both ends and all clips. Plugs are new as well.

My wife did complain of a short period of severe power loss one time only. The rest of the time the car runs beautifully. (With or without the MIL on)

I did notice that the radio noise suppressor capacitor was loose inside of it's housing. (Mounted tight, just slightly loose within the casing.) I disconnected it from the system, then disconnected the battery. That reset the Code 43 on the MIL, but not the Code 12.

I guess we'll see tomorrow if it occurs again.

Anyone have any ideas as to what else may be at issue here? (Parts already replaced... Crankshaft Sensor, 4-O2 sensors, Idle air valve, EGR valve, Cap, Rotor, Wires, Plugs, Battery and Terminals. Also, the ASD relay contacts have been cleaned, along with every electrical connector I can find has been separated and reconnected.)

Old 04-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Default RE: Mil Codes: 12 (Battery Disconnect) and 43 (Cylinder Misfire)

The problem persists, but is intermittent. No indication of the problem in the operation of the vehicle, just the MIL.