Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

In need of a little help/advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Default In need of a little help/advice

Ok. I have a 2005 chyrsler sebring limited. 2.7 engine. My finance company has a GPS system hooked up the my starter. well about a month ago they shut my car off because of a default in there system. But every since the shut off when I go to start my car and turn the key my starter/fuel fuse blows. And I have to change to fuse out and get a jump to start it again. I have no idea what could be causing this problem. I never had this problem before and it wasnt doing this before the shut off. I need to get an idea of what it could be so I have it fix and also know what to tell the mechanic.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:54 AM

Fuse burns if short circuited. Check the cables and the end devices (starter, fuel pump, whatever is hooked up to that fuse) for short circuit. Might be as simple as cable insulation damage and contact to ground (minus, body, frame, whatever you call it) burns the fuse. Also you should try to check what you write before sending... There are people that English is not their native language and your "hooked up the my starter", "well about a month ago they shut my car off because of a default in there system" is not understood. For example I understand the separate words, but WTF is default in system...

Old 11-07-2012, 06:46 AM

Thanks for ur help. It was very helpful. Now about the default in there system. That is what my finance company told me so that is what I am telling you or whoever else would have answered my post. When I put "hooked up the my starter" that was definitely a typo. But like I said thanks for the help smart ***. Lol. Reading your post really made my day because all I could do was laugh.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:30 AM

deefabo may have meant "a fault in their system" instead of "default in there system."

Sometimes spelling errors can change the entire meaning of a sentence.

I agree with shadowed, look for a short circuit. It may also be possible that their system is designed to prevent the car from starting if it's moved out of state or out of the country (part of the purpose of the GPS). Anyway, the finance company should fix the problem since they created it.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

I disagree with both of U if there is an issue with the system they installed they need to take care of it If u start messing around where it disables the system then u just made a legal issue on yourself

Old 11-07-2012, 09:47 PM

Good point.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 AM

Never heard of such a thing but then again I'm just an old fart. I'd take the position of pinning this whole deal on the GPS starting thing installed by the finance company. You had no problems until they had a "default in there system". Have them take care of it or stop making your payments.