Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

New to me DD

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Default New to me DD

Hi guys and gals,I'm new here and finally got a DD to take the stress off my 44,000 mile original 86 Mustang GT, that I've been using as my DD. I work at an independent senior living facility and one of the residents told me they wanted to sell their car, because they can't drive any longer. I've known this resident for over 8 years and she said she would sell it to me for $500. It's a 1996 Chrysler Sebring JXi. The car only has 74,000 miles on it, but the paint is shot. Other than that, the car is in excellent shape. 2.5 V6 and is loaded, Leather interior and is a convertible. Even the tires are new. Everything works! So I'm pretty excited about this.

I have a question about the stereo system. The front speakers are not working at all. It has an amp under the drivers seat also. I'm sure this is an issue with these cars as I've read about it. Anyway to get these front speakers to come back on? Any tests that I can do, to find out what the issue is?
Thank you...

Old 02-05-2013, 11:35 AM

Anyone ever had this issue?

Old 02-09-2013, 10:09 PM

I unplugged the amp wire and jumped the input and output wires. The radio sounded good and was plenty loud. You don't need the amp unless you like the radio very loud.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 AM

Hmmm, do you can a wiring diagram or what wires I would need to jump?

Old 02-10-2013, 01:21 PM

try 12volt.com

Old 02-11-2013, 06:51 AM

Would I jump these wires at the amp under the seat? I noticed that when I unplugged the amp, there was no difference in sound. I didn't hear a drop in audio signal. It's like the amp is none functioning. I just need to know what wires I would need to jump. The amp harness or at the stereo harness and what wires?

Old 02-11-2013, 09:58 AM

I don't have the car or the diagram anymore, but you should be able to determine which wires based on color. Pull the front speakers to get the wire colors. The radio should also have a diagram on it showing which wires go where. You jump the front speaker wires. Connect the front speaker wires from the radio to the wires that go to the front speakers. You do this at the amp.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by indysebring
I don't have the car or the diagram anymore, but you should be able to determine which wires based on color. Pull the front speakers to get the wire colors. The radio should also have a diagram on it showing which wires go where. You jump the front speaker wires. Connect the front speaker wires from the radio to the wires that go to the front speakers. You do this at the amp.
Thank you very much for the info and seems simple enough.