Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Problem with 05 Sebring sedan horn

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Default Problem with 05 Sebring sedan horn

Two weeks ago as I was driving to work my horn started blowing as if I were pressing on it. I pulled over and shut off the engine but it continued to blow. Someone came to help me and said to disconnect the horn but I told him no. I restarted the car and it stopped, and I took it to the nearest Chrysler dealership. They kept my car all day and said the computer found nothing wrong with the car and to call back again as soon as it happens. Last night when I started my car the horn started to blow again, it went on for a good 10 minutes. I had to lightly tap the horn or keep my hand on it to get it to stop. This morning as I was driving, I put the cd player on and once again the horn started to blow. I lightly pressed it and it stopped. Does this sound like an electrical problem? I noticed that when this happens I hear a click before the horn starts to go. Someone please help because this is a pretty embarassing problem.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Problem with 05 Sebring sedan horn

U have a horn pad shorting out if it goes long enough it will blow the fuse and not work at all.
The horn pad is the air bag cover with a ckt board behind it I have replaced a few in my time for this issue.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:58 AM

thanks but is this an expensive repair? my horn started going like crazy today even after I shut the engine off and let the car sit a few minutes it started to go again. my friend that's a mechanic came by and disconnected the fuse..I guess I'll have to take it to chrysler

Old 04-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

are u not under warranty?? if not humm i dont know how much it will be i dont even know how much the part is call a dealer and ask for the horn pad and figure 2 hours labor maybe depends on where u live and how much the rate is.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:20 AM

I'm not under warranty. Anyway, I took my car back to the dealership back in April and they said it was the hornpad and relay, (they also told me I needed a bunch of other repairs, but what gets me is why did they not find those problems when I took the car in just 2 weeks before that). My car sat there for over a week, they did not contact me or anything. I called them up just to find out the part was backordered, if they knew anything about good customer service they would have at least notified me the part wasn't there. I spoke with a manager and got my car back, because I need it to get to work and school. I told them to call me and let me know when the part gets in. Just a few days ago I got a phone call from the dealership. It took 2 MONTHS to get a hornpad?? How many 05 Sebring's have a faulty horn, and why isn't this recalled? I was told the total cost would be $758 and some change..not a cheap repair. To make it even worse, I'm starting to have problems with my driver's side window it rolls up when it wants, and rolls down when it wants. I think this is ridiculous for such a fairly new car to have so many issues. I'm seriously considering trading in this car.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

yeah they were on back order becuase of the issues that they had u should have gotten a whole air bag asembly unless they found the pad by itself. A recall is for only safety issues a horn is not a safety issue.
New in years but u are over 36k miles then some one drove the **** out of it to get it over the 36k in less then 2 years.