Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Radiator fans - high speed failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:34 AM
Default Radiator fans - high speed failure

Sebring sedan 2.7l 2004

Last week I noticed a higher engine temprature when A/C is on. I later realised that fan speed is at low all the time.

Checked fuses and relays no code came up.

any ideas ?

Old 05-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

the high speed fan will come on at 220

Old 05-06-2011, 11:58 AM

engine reach away more than 220 !! they also should come when certain pressure in a/c system is reached. They used to work and now I have noticed that they don't at all and i'm getting upnormal temprature readings ..

Last edited by Laimon; 05-06-2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 05-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

check fuses check the fans see if they come on when adding power right to them

Old 05-07-2011, 11:43 AM

ok I disconnected temprature sensor and low speed only came on. I checked relay it is working even I have switched low speed relay with high speed to make sure both work and they are ok.

High speed not working

Old 05-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

the temp sensor is doing its job if the gauge is showing the temp of the car its working just fine.

have u checked the fuses or am I just talking to myself?

Old 05-08-2011, 01:30 PM

Yes I did check all fuses and both relays. engine temprature is very high just before red mark. i always switch off a/c when i get to this level. a/c performance is poor too.

Old 05-08-2011, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

get a wire diagram and make sure the is power and ground to both high and low speed fan relay

Old 05-09-2011, 01:41 PM

you will never believe what happend !! :-D

I was angry so I did hit power distribution center with a screw driver ... and high speed kicked on :-D

I have wiring diagrams so I'm going to check what is bad connection in that center.

I drove the car then If I have stolen it, looks good but heat gage fluctuates, perhaps bad thermostat from overheating for couple of weeks ..

Old 03-27-2013, 06:18 AM

Just recently started having a problem with a 2004 Sebring convertible 2.7L running hot when stuck in traffic for extended time. What is the best repair manual that will help me troubleshoot this problem by showing the following: sensors and locations, relays, fuses, wiring diagrams. Also need info on which fan is high speed, which is low and when they come on.

FURTHER INFO - replaced a leaking water outlet housing 2 years ago and temp used to read about 3/8, but now rarely goes to 1/4. Tried to take sensor out of old housing, but it kept spinning, so I didn't try to get the existing one out. Does this temperature sensor control radiator fans?

When the car was running hot, temp gauge was reading above 1/2 and oil light flickered. (synthetic oil changed every 3500 miles, so don't believe sludging to be a problem) Turned on heater, windows opened and fan on high made temp go down to normal range.

At home, started the car, put the a/c on and both fans both came on after a delay and cycled on and off. The a/c clutch didn't engage. Haven't used the a/c in months, but it worked well back then.

Quick Reply: Radiator fans - high speed failure