Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Ran Over A rock! :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Default Ran Over A rock! :(

Im not sure if this is in the right section cus im new here, anyway i bought a Chrysler sebring about 2 weeks ago loved the car allot. Then i was driving home from work in the rain and i saw something in the road logically thinking it was a paper bag but when i got close to it i realized it was a rock and i was boxed in so i couldn't change lanes and if i hit the breaks i would have slid into the rock and possibly got rear ended so i just went over. After this the car was driving fine then i drove about another 20 miles then i noticed that when i pressed the gas my car would go into the 7 rpm then i would feel a kick then it would drive. This is a transmission problem but why diddnt it happen when i first hit the rock? Also i punctured my oil pan so my car dripped most of the oil out is that why the transmission started messing up?
PLEASE TELL ME I JUST NEED TO GET A NEW OIL PAN IM FREAKING OUT!!!!

Old 02-03-2015, 10:18 PM

Once I was driving home at night and saw what I "logically figured" was a carton about 2 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft near the edge of the road. I figured I would just brush it with my bumper and push it off the pavement but as I got closer I thought better of it and swerved around. Next morning I drove by again going the other way in the daylight and realized that it was a rock! Moral of the story is never assume anything.

You've gotta get that oil pan fixed asap. While whoever fixes it is under there, he can take a look at the transmission and see if there's any damage to it. Nobody here can diagnose that for you. Somebody is going to have to look closely at it and see what's there. It could be nothing but it could be something serious.

In the meantime, you might want to look at your insurance coverage. It's at least possible that your comprehensive coverage (if you have that) might pay for all or part of the repair.