Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Rear Brakes please :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Default Rear Brakes please :)

Hello

I bought a Chrysler Sebring 2008 convertible and I want to change the rear brake pads and I need help with 2 things, please:

1. What is the part code or serial# in order to buy the product
2. DIY info or a link to something similar to understand how to do it/undo it
I do have some mechanical knowledge but for the industrial machines not cars :) because i'm a machinist...
Thank you very much !!
If i'm here already :) i would like to know the code of the front break pads as well, in order to buy them at the same time.
Thanks again!

Old 04-01-2013, 07:23 PM

You don't need "codes" or part numbers to buy parts. You tell the guys at the counter your year, make and model (and engines size although it's irrelevant for brakes) and they look up the part.
While you're there at the auto parts store, pick up a shop manual by Haynes or Chiltons for your car and it will have pretty good step-by-step instructions. If you have mechanical experience you should have no trouble.
Try youtube for some videos on repairing brakes. They may not show your exact model but the same general procedures apply.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
You don't need "codes" or part numbers to buy parts. You tell the guys at the counter your year, make and model (and engines size although it's irrelevant for brakes) and they look up the part.
While you're there at the auto parts store, pick up a shop manual by Haynes or Chiltons for your car and it will have pretty good step-by-step instructions. If you have mechanical experience you should have no trouble.
Try youtube for some videos on repairing brakes. They may not show your exact model but the same general procedures apply.
My problem is not solved...
Thank you very much for the fast answer but I was planning to buy the brake pads over the Internet because in the stores of my city the prices are almost double... It's just ridiculous... So I still need a code or serial# of the parts in order to make sure I'll get the right product
Thx again!

Old 04-02-2013, 08:36 PM

Your problem is solved.

You don't need a part number to buy parts. Try going to rockauto.com. Again, just like the parts store, you enter your year, make, model and engine size and look up the parts by name, like "brake pads, rear". They will quote you a price in dollars or euros or whatever.

There are lots of places on the internet to buy auto parts. None of them require a part number from you.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
Your problem is solved.

You don't need a part number to buy parts. Try going to rockauto.com. Again, just like the parts store, you enter your year, make, model and engine size and look up the parts by name, like "brake pads, rear". They will quote you a price in dollars or euros or whatever.

There are lots of places on the internet to buy auto parts. None of them require a part number from you.
Thank You!