Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Wiring diagram? pwr windows/horn/alt

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Default Wiring diagram? pwr windows/horn/alt

My GF has a 2005 Sebring 4 door, 2.4 DOHC 4 cylinder. it has developed the following problems. (1) all power windows are not working, (2) horn doesn't work, (3) battery light comes on. If I could only find a decent wiring diagram for this car i'm sure I could fix it, I just don't know how the thing is wired. I'm pretty sure the alternator is going on the battery light problem, should i take the Denso alternator and have it rebuilt myself or get one from a parts store. any help appreciated.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:47 PM

Get a service manual for the car. The wiring diagrams take up about 100 pages of that manual. Take your alternator in to a good parts store and have it tested before you decide whether it's good or bad.
Check all fuses. There are fuses in the power distribution center under the hood and also in the junctin box at the left end of the dash.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:37 AM

Thanks for the reply, I assume the factory service manual has the wiring diagrams i need? also, the coupe and sedan/convert are different? would the diagnostic manuals also be of use?

Old 02-07-2012, 11:11 AM

Coupe and sedan are very different. Coupes were built by Mitsubishi. They have almost no parts in common with the sedan/convertible. It's a different manual.
The service manual has wiring diagrams for the entire car.
The diagnostic manuals may be helpful for other problems. Obviously, the transmission diagnostic manual will not help with your window issue. To be of maximum use, the diagnostic manuals require access to a DRB III (diagnostic readout box) which would cost you more than you paid for the car, but they are still helpful.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:03 PM

Okay, update: finally got thr door panel off without tearing it up, someone on here i believe posted a pinout of the 12 pin connector for the power window switch, so the first thing I did was check for 12V at the #6 pin (if I remember), I did have 12V, now when I removed the door panel the 12 pin connector was disconnected, but I assumed it had pulled loose while removing the door panel, but just to make sure, I plugged in the connector and to my pleasant surprise all the windows worked. Thanks to the elecrical gods for not making it worse than it was ! :-)
The horn started working (half ****) when i was checking fuses again, it let out a muffled bleat that wouldn't flush a covey of quail if they were nesting in the horn itself. I removed the horn and water poured out of it, I drained it best i could and replaced it, now when i press the horn pad on the steering wheel it will blow, but sticks till you bump the horn pad again, must be in the steering wheel or horn pad, I don't know if I want to tackle that with the airbag sitting there in my face, any ideas?
Tomorrow I will have to pull the altenator and replace it, anyone have any experience with that? i guess it has a tensioner? do I remove the coolant hose and take it out the top?
Anyway, thanks for the input DCOTTER, appreciate it.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:47 PM

To get to the belt tensioner, go through the wheelwell. If you remove the MAP sensor, you should be able to get the alternator out the top without removing the coolant hose. At least that's what the service manual says, but the guy who wrote that probably never did it.

If you disconnect the battery which you WILL DO to take out the alternator and wait a few minutes, you should have no worries about the airbag. Disconnect the battery at the negative terminal on the driver's side spring tower. There's a handy little loop you can use to secure the cable right there.