Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

300 tire pressure light 2008 Limited

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 11:50 AM
Cool 300 tire pressure light 2008 Limited

Problem:
Tire pressure light flashing on dashboard and ding warning sound. aka TPMS.

Over 1 week I've one the following:
1. Checked tire pressures- OK
2. Stopped and filled tires -without need. (temp week before was 5 degrees and no problem or low pressure signal due to weather.)
3. Had all 4 tire pressure sensors on wheels replaced at Discount Tire.
After following the tech's advice, let sensor stay on the first hour. Light went off after 15 min. Hurray! BUT 2 hours later, the light flashes on and stays on all the time. It doesn't flash when I turn on the car just now.

4. I tried researching the previous threads and posts. Someone mentioned they had WIN module replaced but I don't know what that is. They said problem was fixed.

5. AND I have read 8 pages of owner's manual to look for clues.

Additional info: I had driver window problem that wouldn't open for a few months. We had tried changing the rocker switch panel, but that didn't fix the problem. My mechanic replaced a window module and reprogrammed just that week before tire pressure issue came up. He found a used module and said he had it programmed for my car. Prior to him replacing the module with a used one, we had ordered one from dealer/Mopar. We didn't use it and left it in box with box seal closed. I've tried researching the part number, but get no results on google.

Thanks in advance for help.

Old 12-29-2016, 10:31 PM
Thumbs up Alas, the odd discovery

Problem addressed at Discount Tire.
On a hunch, I thought what if one of the sensors could have failed from the installation. Drove to my local Discount store (400 miles from the one where I had the sensors replaced), and the technician checked the sensors that were installed. He couldn't get a reading out of any sensor on any wheel! He discovered the sensors installed were on their approved list of equipment for my model. They weren't the preferred sensor. The store swapped them out and flashing sensor light is gone. I don't know how much money I would have blown if I had gone to the dealer to have them diagnose what was wrong. I would have had a hard time believing them too.