Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Cylinder 2 misfire... Confused

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 12:43 AM
Default Cylinder 2 misfire... Confused

Hey guys, new here and thank you in advance.

I just bought my 2007 Chrysler 300 base model 2.7. Everything was fine until 3 days in, besides a slow crank due to a dying battery. After I replaced the battery and took the car to get washed (included a bottom end high pressure spray) I went to crank it over a the next day and it hesitated. Check engine light popped and the car started to hesitate as I hit the throttle. P0302 and no other codes.

Symptoms:
When the cars motor is cold, it fires right up and drives like a charm. I can drive it for hours with no issue, misfire or stutter.

After I drive it and the cars motor gets to normal operating temperature, if I shut it off and start it again it has a slow crank and will start to misfire with the check engine light flashing and beeping every time I put my foot on the gas.

What I've done:
I've changed the spark plugs, coils, ran fuel injector cleaner, tested the spark plug connector, also tested the fuel injector for voltage.

Something odd:
It rained over night, I started the car in the morning and it ran fine. Started it again after normal operating temp was reached and still no issues. I reset the codes and it never came back. 3 days, 22 starts and 200 miles all while it was raining outside. This morning, no rain or wet roads it started to do the same thing after I cranked it with a warm motor.

Any idea what to do?!? Or what it could be?!

Old 12-01-2015, 09:22 AM

Hi 300inthe575,
I'm sorry to hear about this experience with your new (to you) Chrysler 300. Based on your description and the information I found on the trouble code (below), I would recommend having a technician look at your vehicle to diagnose the concern further. Please let me know if you would like assistance in scheduling an appointment or if there's anything else I can do to be of assistance.

P0302-CYLINDER 2 MISFIRE

Possible Causes:
FUEL DELIVERY SYSTEM
IGNITION COIL, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
ECT SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
MAP SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
O2 SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
ENGINE MECHANICAL SYSTEM
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)