Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Does the dealership install all aftermarket parts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Default Does the dealership install all aftermarket parts?

I recently had a new grill put on my 300, but it was an official grill for Chrysler

However, I was wondering if they would install parts like ultra bright bulbs, clear turn signals, new tail-lights, etc.

Moreover, if the dealership wouldn't bolt on these parts, then what (trustworthy) place could?

I live in Michigan, so it is not like there are many custom body shops around

Thanks for the help

Old 09-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Default RE: Does the dealership install all aftermarket parts?

I'm sure they could do it, but you'd pay whatever their rate is, and some information is bound to wind up on your "record" with respect to future warranty issues (if any). In my case, my local Dodge dealer took off the OEM brake pads on my MSRT8 and installed the Centric Posi-Quiet pads I purchased and brought to them (much less brake dust now).

And they replaced the Tstat housing under warranty AFTER I had installed a 180 Tstat, becaues it showed signs of errosion vs. my 300C Heritage Edition with 4x+ mileage, from the coolant gunk that they had flushed from the system a month before. I know for a fact that they have high modified a SuperBee for it's owner, including exhaust, headers, etc. But... I have a local dealers (Chrysler and Dodge) who deal straight up with people. Not everyone has that luxury.

On the other hand, there are a lot of things that YOU can install yourself... it's not hard.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:09 PM

Thanks for the help

Old 09-15-2007, 02:53 PM

most a good body shop

Old 10-04-2008, 03:45 AM

ORIGINAL: areez2006

I recently had a new grill put on my 300, but it was an official grill for chrysler parts

However, I was wondering if they would install parts like ultra bright bulbs, clear turn signals, new tail-lights, etc.

Moreover, if the dealership wouldn't bolt on these parts, then what (trustworthy) place could?

I live in Michigan, so it is not like there are many custom body shops around

Thanks for the help
No, they didn't install all. Try to contact your mechanic friend coz not all dealers do, especially if you won't be able to pay their expensive servicing.